how to set up wifi sync

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Darryl J Gittins

how to set up wifi sync

Post by Darryl J Gittins »

MediaMonkey documentation makes me want to pull my hair out.

On this page (mediamonkey dot com/wiki/index.php?title=Sync_MediaMonkey_with_an_Android_device)) it says "On your desktop machine running MMW, make sure that Wi-Fi Sync is enabled", apparently with the blithe assumption that the end-user knows how to do this because the documentation offers no hint about how to actually "make sure that Wi-Fi Sync is enabled". If the user DID know how to do this, he wouldn't be looking at the how-to documentation, right? This same flawed logic is repeated throughout the documentation. The logical conclusion is that the documentation only makes sense if you already know the topic throughout and therefore don't actually need the documentation.

I've been using MM for many years and I've tried many7 times to get the WiFi sync to work but now once has it been successful.

Would it be too much to ask for a "how-to" instruction that can be followed end-to-end that explains this without these kinds of assumptions about the user's understanding and without or endless cross-references so that an actual mortal can follow the steps?
Lowlander

Re: how to set up wifi sync

Post by Lowlander »

Sub-Points 1 and 2 explain the required steps to do this.