MMA Slow on one device

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

rasmith1959

MMA Slow on one device

Post by rasmith1959 »

Hi! I have Media Monkey for Android V1.3.4.0854 installed on 4 devices they are Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, Pixel 2 XL, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. All devices are at the latest version of Android that's available to them through Google's update servers. Now here's what I'm experiencing, on the Google devices (Nexus & Pixel) they download and delete mp3's really fast, but the Samsung tablet is very slow in comparison. For example the Google device delete things so fast that you have a difficult time reading what's being deleted, but the Samsung device is slow enough that you could get a screenshot of each file name as it's deleted and not miss one.

So is this just a Samsung thing, or is there something I can do to speed up the Tab S2? I've already tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling MMA and the Pro key but to no avail...
Peke

Re: MMA Slow on one device

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I can confirm same behavior on mine Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9 and on Asus MemoPad HD7 and tracks delete fast.

Not sure about Samsung as I do not have device it. Maybe you can send Debug log after several deleted files and put log ID here.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rasmith1959

Re: MMA Slow on one device

Post by rasmith1959 »

Peke wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:58 pm Hi,
I can confirm same behavior on mine Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9 and on Asus MemoPad HD7 and tracks delete fast.

Not sure about Samsung as I do not have device it. Maybe you can send Debug log after several deleted files and put log ID here.
Well there is one thing that I didn't even consider and it dawned on me after writing the original post. The Google devices are all using device memory and the Samsung is reading/writing to a MicroSD card and that's most likely the cause of the slower speeds.