WiFi Sync stuck "Connecting to Wi-Fi network

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

lemmytellya73

WiFi Sync stuck "Connecting to Wi-Fi network

Post by lemmytellya73 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:10 pm

I have been searching the forum and can't find this exact issue, but I do see lots of issues related to wi-fi sync problems. Here is my story...

Pioneer XDP-300R running Android 5.1 Can't be upgraded, unfortunately. MMA 1.3.4.0854 MMW4.1.24.1883 Windows 10 Home edition running on PC.

I can connect to uPnP server and I can see and play files, that is not a problem. However when I try to initiate WiFi synce, MMA gets stuck at "Connecting to Wi-Fi network. Please wait."

I have tried rebooting, re-installing, etc and nothing works. Take that back. It worked once about a week ago,

Of note, I have had XDP-300R since January but it stopped working in June. I finally got a replacement unit a fwe weeks ago and have been dealing with this since. Prior to June, I never had this problem.

Appreciate any help.

Lowlander

Re: WiFi Sync stuck "Connecting to Wi-Fi network

Post by Lowlander » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Have you tried selecting the sync server again in the MMA options?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

lemmytellya73

Post by lemmytellya73 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:02 am

Yes. I've tried re-selecting the sync server. It always connects at that poiont and I can always connect and browse my library from my device.

Occasionally (no idea why) it will suddenly connect to sync but it doesn't sync the entire library. I have two main playlists. The XDP-300R has two microSD slots, and my collection is large enough that I need both. So I have two main playlists to sync. SD1 and SD2. Everytime I get new music I add to either SD1 or SD2 (roughly alphabetical). The sync process does not seem to get the new files.

On another note, I have tried this recently with MMA on my Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T700, running Android 6.01). Sync worked perfectly on first fresh install. I waited about an hour and then tried sync again and exact same behavior on the tablet.

I'm at a loss and about to start looking for another app, but I can't find anything with the features of MM. But if I can't get new music onto my device, it's pretty useless.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Related: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ork-at-all

Check in MMW that for the sync selection for each Device Profile the correct Playlist is selected for sync. Make sure both MMW and MMA are up-to-date as sync problems are addressed frequently. Any changes in Playlists selected for sync are successfully synced for me on the next sync.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)