Buttons not work, plays for about 2 minutes then quits.

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

James Hickman Jr

Buttons not work, plays for about 2 minutes then quits.

Post by James Hickman Jr »

I've had Media Monkey for years never had a problem. The first time today I pushed the play button and it would not work. I was using the widget on the main screen. I went to my apps and brought it up that way and it would work. It would play music for about 2 minutes then stop. I have the latest update and restarted my phone. Still not working. The current version I have is 1.3.4.0854 using on Android.
Lowlander

Re: Buttons not work, plays for about 2 minutes then quits.

Post by Lowlander »

What device and which version of Android? Did you recently update Android and does it still stop playback if you leave MediaMonkey active as foreground App and the screen on (it may be the device battery manager killing MediaMonkey)?
Trialia

Post by Trialia »

I'm having a very similar problem on my Samsung S8+.

I had no trouble when playing anything before, but after recently skipping out to play one solo audio track for a friend, one also stored on my phone, when returning to the audiobook (mp3) I'd been listening to before that, the file keeps stopping after about 2 1/2 minutes, & skipping back to where I last pressed play. If I click on the point in the file where it last quit playing & play again from there, it'll play for about the same length of time, 2 & a half to 3 minutes, then stops & skips back again.

As you can imagine, it's more than a little irritating. This is all while the app is still foregrounded, which is even more puzzling for me.

If it's any help, I have all but the latest update for Android, the one that was pushed through this morning that I've not yet installed (I usually set them to install about 2am), and I believe I'm on the latest update of MMA (Pro, as I've a lifetime licence). It's stopping whether the screen is on or not (I tried keeping it on to see if that would stop the problem, and it didn't).

Edit: I've edited a few settings, and now the file will continue if the app is foregrounded & the screen is set on Always On Display - but only when both those conditions apply. I couldn't find anything that told the app to go to sleep when backgrounded, so it probably shouldn't...but it looks like it is anyway.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried a device restart?
Trialia

Post by Trialia »

Repeatedly. It's still doing it. Every time the screen turns off or the app isn't foregrounded, bam, off it goes. And I can't manage to keep the screen constantly lit up by tapping every minute or two of an extended audiobook file x.x
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
unfortunately this is normal behavior of any application that is not whitelisted to run in background.

To manually enable Background permissions for MMA you must open APP info and under all permissions allow MMA to run in background. Also on some manufacturers and custom ROMs there is special settings where Battery save options can be set and apps can be excluded from killing when screen goes off.

Finally some Cleaner apps also can kill MMA process in background.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts