Album Art has survived a full uninstall, manual deletion, and reinstall of MM.

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Miracle Nachos

Album Art has survived a full uninstall, manual deletion, and reinstall of MM.

Post by Miracle Nachos »

I recently decided to update all of my audio and add fresh album art. I know from personal experience and searching online that Media Monkey for Android is notoriously bad at updating album art, so I decided to go with a scorched earth approach.

I deleted ALL of my media files from my SD card.
I uninstalled Media Monkey.
I manually deleted every file and folder left on both my internal storage and SD card that I could attribute to Media Monkey.
I re-synced my updated, in some cases re-encoded, files to the SD card using a program called iSyncr.
I reinstalled Media Monkey and my Pro license, pointed it to my SD card, gave it permission, and told it to scan for media changes.

IT'S STILL USING THE OLD ALBUM ART!!!

This simple feature that even iTunes can manage to get right, is beyond the almighty Monkey! Android itself and every other two-bit media player out there can see the new art, but not the supposed "best" player on the android market.

I don't even want to know a fix at this point! I just want to know: HOW?

How can this bloody program remember album art despite both it and the files having been wiped from my device in as thorough a manner as is possible!?

It's actually a real worry as it seems the program is storing information somewhere on my device that I can't find and delete.

I'd call that a damn problem.
Peke

Re: Album Art has survived a full uninstall, manual deletion, and reinstall of MM.

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tried to locate files under Android\Data and check same on internal memory?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
heinz

Re: Album Art has survived a full uninstall, manual deletion, and reinstall of MM.

Post by heinz »

I have the same problem with a cover.
Uninstalled MMA, deleted all manually from phone and from card the folders called "MediaMonkey".
Installed MMA again, old cover is still there.

Would it help to delete as well the following entries (subfolder from android/data):
com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey.

heinz
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts