Playback Over Bluetooth Randomly Stops

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

dog8myscreenie

Playback Over Bluetooth Randomly Stops

Post by dog8myscreenie »

I've been using Samsung and Sony mobiles over the years, whose players have always suited my needs with regards to volume normalization. However, I have just changed over to a phone that doesn't have this feature built in. As a lifetime purchaser of MM Gold, I had no hesitation in plumping straight for the pro version of MMA. It would seem that I've made a huge mistake though.

When connected to any Bluetooth device (car stereo, speaker, wireless headset), playback just stops for no reason. It's not a crash, as the app is still running and pressing play on the app resumes playback from where it left off. Pressing play on the Bluetooth device doesn't work though. If it was only every so often I could put up with it as a minor inconvenience, but when it happens every 20 - 30 seconds, it's a major issue, especially when it's connected to the entertainment system in my car. I can't be picking my phone up every 20 seconds to press play when I'm driving!

I've tried other music players, and they work without issue, so it's definitely a problem with MMA. I'm using a Huawei P20 Pro running Android 8.1

I've since bought another music player (having used the trial version first, once bitten and all that) because MMA is pretty much useless. I listen to all of my music wirelessly, and a player that will actually play music is kind of important, wouldn't you agree? Needless to say, I won't be buying any MM products on faith in the future.
Lowlander

Re: Playback Over Bluetooth Randomly Stops

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey are you using?

MediaMonkey works fine for me over Bluetooth with a variety of Bluetooth devices.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tried with my wifes Huawei P20 Lite and had no issues with MMA on 8.0 Have you tried to disable enhancements in BT audio within developers options?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
anónimo2018

Post by anónimo2018 »

Peke wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:34 pm Hi,
I tried with my wifes Huawei P20 Lite and had no issues with MMA on 8.0 Have you tried to disable enhancements in BT audio within developers options?
I have the same described problem usinf HuaweiP10 lite and MMA pro...
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Huawei aggressively kills background processes for any apps other than its own, including media players that are actively playing music. It's so bad that VLC has blocked Huawei phones from installing its app.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/07/2 ... anagement/
Ale

Stop the Playlist after 2 songs when the phone is locked

Post by Ale »

First of all many thanks for your work with MediaMonkey: it is a wonderful app! Recently I have changed my smartphone with a Huawei P20 LITE (Android 8) and I have identified the following bug (with my previous Samsung S3 Neo this bug is not present): playing a Playlist after 2 songs without activity with the phone, MediaMonkey stop to play. If I unlock the phone MediaMonkey start again the last song. I hope that you will fix this bug. Thank you
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can send a debug log (from About) right after you experience this and respond here with the logID.
SilverKronos

Post by SilverKronos »

It might be a bit late for the solution, but just in case, here is how I "fixed" it on my Huawei P10 lite.

I had the exact same issue. The background process of MMA was killed after 30 sec of music playing.
From the above comments, I checked the Battery management of the phone and It fixed the issue.

Here are the steps:
- go to setting/ Battery /launch
- You'll see the battery management of all apps. By default every app is checked, that means that the battery management is automatic.
- Find the Mediamonkey app and uncheck it. This will put the battery management of the Mediamonkey app in manual.

Since that modification, I didn't have the issue.

Hope this will help.

Best regards :)
Twojays

Post by Twojays »

Thanks for that.
I had the same problem with Nokia 6.1, Android 9.

Once connected to the car's Bluetooth, MMA would start, and would then stop after 30 or so second. I thought it coincides with the phone switching the display off.

Changed heaps of settings to no avail, but the battery seeing seems to have fixed it.