Grayed out songs present after new SD card installed [#14139]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

mornixuur

Grayed out songs present after new SD card installed [#14139]

Post by mornixuur »

Good morning,

I bought a 400gb microSD card and replaced the old card in my LG V20, running Android 7.0, not rooted.

Took the opportunity to start from scratch on a new library, upgrading most tracks to FLAC from mp3, and adding some and dropping some. I loaded a directory to the card directly from Windows and then changed out the card to my phone.

I updated the library folders info in MMA and removed the folder showing for the old card, and after it refreshed the library it shows the new tracks just fine. But it also still shows all the old ones, grayed out.

They won't play, of course, but I don't really want them cluttering up my library. I have used the app manager to delete all cache and stored data, and then went so far as to uninstall and reinstall MMA, but I can't get these grayed ones to go away. Any thoughts?
ChannelZ28

Re: Grayed out songs present after new SD card installed

Post by ChannelZ28 »

I also have this identical problem I just replaced a 128GB card with a 256GB. Exact same greyed out tracks. No one knows how to fix this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should be able to fix it with disabling the location for scanning from the MMA Options.
beaches

Post by beaches »

I have this too. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I tried deleting the greyed out albums and it won't let me. Then I deleted everything and resynced everything on a fresh install and the greyed out albums are still there.
ChannelZ28

Post by ChannelZ28 »

Disabling the location for scanning definitely does not work. I have all locations disabled and about 1/3 of my songs disappeared. So there are still 17,000 songs displayed, but now all of them are grayed out since there are no locations being scanned.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
After location changes, you need to use Scan for changed new media in order to get gray scanned.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jsnuggs

Post by jsnuggs »

I'm also having this problem and removing the previous SD card location and then doing a scan did not correct. I tried clearing the app's data and uninstalling and reinstalling. Still have greyed out songs. There needs to be a way to just eliminate all records and rescan.
r.kooi-kafoe@home.nl

Re: Grayed out songs present after new SD card installed [#14139]

Post by r.kooi-kafoe@home.nl »

i know this is an old post, but i had the same problem and found a solution on your pone go to options-choose library folders there you find internal storage and memorycard and underneath you see 1 or more locations (the old memorycard) these you have to delete and your problem should be solved