MMA keeps changing my tags and deleting files

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Pvcleave

MMA keeps changing my tags and deleting files

Post by Pvcleave »

So I purchased some new Mp3 and Flac albums that may contain songs that are already on my Windows or Android device. The are usually higher quality than what I already have. Sometimes they are and updated version of the album, other times a greatest Hits album I do not have. When I try to sync them to MMW, it either deletes the file re tags it to something different on some different album. I do not want MM touching my tags, I tagged them the way I want them. It sometimes changes the tag to different songs or different musicians. It usually occurs if I already own the song. Does MM not like you to have two different versions of the same song?

I could understand if they were the same name, same tags, same quality, but these are on different albums with different quality.

I like having full albums, so I buy full albums. Is that not possible with MM?
Lowlander

Re: MMA keeps changing my tags and deleting files

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW, and are you doing a wifi or USB sync?

I've not seen this and have many duplicates in my Library (however I never add content to MMA device directly).
Pvcleave

Post by Pvcleave »

I will have to look at the Windows version later, however I just upgraded the windows version.

I sync my music over WiFi.

I only have this problem with when music on Android. Adding music to the Windows app has never been a problem. I am trying to figure out if the rename is only during sync, but I am starting to think it is not. I think it may be messing up on the initial scan.

If I don't want to listen to them right away, I connect my phone to my PC and transfer them that way.

Sorry about the attitude before.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Any files you add to your device not via MMW have MMA rely on the Android Media Scanner to get tag info. It would be important to know if files show up incorrectly in MMA on first scan or on sync.

If it's sync it likely is incorrect matching between MMA files and MMW files. A debug log (send from About in MMA after sync) would show more. If you do submit a debug log open a Support Ticket with the logID.