Android SD Card folders created but empty

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

miked79

Android SD Card folders created but empty

Post by miked79 »

I have spent a few days trying to figure this out and the issue I am having appears different than others have had. I am sorry if missed a posted solution. I have read everything I can on the matter. I have a Samsung Note 8 running Android 8. MMW is Gold - 4.1.20.1864. MMA is 1.3.1.0751 and MMA Pro 1.1.0008. I had been using MMA with the default file location on the phone and it worked fine. I am trying to move to the SD card so I can load many more songs.

I have a large 40,000+ song collection on a server that MMW accesses. I can play any of the songs on my laptop from the server with no issue. I set up a playlist in MMW called Samsung Playlist and added 4000 songs to it. I then synced them (twice because I thought there was an error the first time). It took around an hour each time I synced. In MMW is showing 40 GB of songs added to the SD Card. However, when I browse the SD card from within MMW or in my Android using a file server all I see are folders for each album - LOTS OF THEM - and nothing in each folder.

Then when I look at the data use of the SD card in windows file explorer it shows only 10 GB used. In other words, MMW keeps saying it copied the tracks (and it took a while each time - appro 1 HR) and it reports 40 GB transferred - but all other indications are that no tracks transferred. Almost all the tracks are mp3 and only a small percentage gave conversion errors.

I have also tried to do the sync using wifi sync and that is superfast (meaning nothing transferred) - no change

Not sure at this point what else i can try
Lowlander

Re: Android SD Card folders created but empty

Post by Lowlander »

Capture the sync in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=26&t=69

You may want to try with just a few files.