[SOLVED] Connection failed

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

AdamLi

[SOLVED] Connection failed

Post by AdamLi »

I get often Connection Failed from my MMS to MMW. Is there a quick fix without need to reboot pc?
Lowlander

Re: Connection failed

Post by Lowlander »

Do you mean from MMA? Which version of MMA and MMW?
AdamLi

Post by AdamLi »

Lowlander wrote:Do you mean from MMA? Which version of MMA and MMW?
Hi,
Yes, when connecting/sync from mma.
MMA: 1.3.1.0751
MMW: 4.1.20.1864
ususally works after pc reboot but should be unnecessary to do that..
Looks like it accours when idle or away from home for a while. Anyway..
Peep_Jerky

Post by Peep_Jerky »

Having the same problem, Wifi sync is completely broken. Just started in the last few days, wifi sync has been working for me for years until now, and I haven't changed any settings anywhere. On the first try MMA says "connection refused by remote computer", every try after that MMA says "waiting for other processes to finish" until I force close the app and open it again. I checked that my phone is allowed sync access to the library, but the log still says it was denied.

MMW 4.1.20.1864
MMA 1.3.1.0751
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Start here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ork-at-all

There are new betas of both MMA and MMW available.
simplynewt

Post by simplynewt »

Hello, I am new to MM but liked it enough to become a lifer. But no second guessing it after the issues experienced with syncing and connections. This past weekend I spent most of the time correcting issues caused by the attempts to get my laptop and Note 9 to sync. I have the latest updates for both yet this doesn't seem to work.

As of now, I am away from my laptop and while on my phone, I go to Options and the Sync Settings for Internal Memory or SD Card (it doesn't matter which), I get the spinning circle for awhile and then the message Connection Failed. I have multiple instances of duplicate songs on my phone and some where the codec isn't right and won't play at all.

Can someone help this frustrated newbie out?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

First .. currently the codex are supplied by your device for the time being. What file extensions are you using?

Have you tried rebooting your phone then connect?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
simplynewt

Post by simplynewt »

I believe the syncing issue is because I am not near my laptop. I have mp3 files with a couple wma files sprinkled in. Haven't tried rebooting but will give it a go. Why is it that I have 2 songs of everything and Music Folders in both the SD Cars and on internal storage? Can I delete the folder in the internal storage or SD card so there would only be one folder?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You need to be on the same network as your computer with MMW to be able to do a wifi sync.

If you have files in both, it is because you synced both profiles. You'll need to setup both independently and you can disable one from syncing. I personally prefer to set this up in MMW under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync.
purpleturkey

Post by purpleturkey »

I'm having the same problem. i've tried everything.Songs will download with a USB just fine.I have MM Pro and MMA on a brand new phone with no extra apps.I bought MM Pro so I could have the lyrics on my Galaxy Orbit 7 ,but since it wont sync to my card the lyrics won't attach. Don't want to lose $50.00,but,,,,, HELP!!!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure MMW and MMA are up-to-date (MMW is 4.1.24) and then look here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ork-at-all
lueromat

Post by lueromat »

The OP was about connectivity issues that arise after too many wifi-connection toggles (as per the support manual):

"If you're able to access the content, but periodically lose the connection, it's likely because of a bug in Android versions prior to 4.2 which results in connection failures in MMA if the Wi-Fi Connection has been toggled numerous times. The solution is to either:
1. Upgrade your device to Android 4.2 or higher
2. Restart your device, after which connectivity will work again (for awhile until the number of wifi on/off cycles re-triggers the issue)"

Now I have Android 4.2 or higher, but I keep having the same issues that can only be resolved by computer restart. Has there been any progress on that?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We were never been able to replicate on our devices and based on logs that is on OS level so it is hard to determine what is going on.

Please send log file using ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs and write Log ID here in reply so that we can look at it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lueromat

Post by lueromat »

ok will do.

easy workaround I figured out in the meantime: if connection fails, in mma, tap sync, and then close and reopen mmw. mma will then find mmw and connect.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That you observe is classic Windows firewall bug, blocking multicast packets from reaching PC after some time app is started.

If you are using latest 1.3.6+ MMA version once Server is detected (after restarting MMW) you can long tap on name and do save settings. that way MMA will not try to search fro MMW but will firstly try to access it directly using saved settings, which in 99.99% of cases works.

There is no need for a sending log it is known issue and known workaround.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts