Deleted files aren't removed on sync (MMA)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kvon

Deleted files aren't removed on sync (MMA)

Post by kvon »

I must be missing something: I update all my podcasts on the MMW/Media Server. This of course, downloads a bunch of new files, and also deletes a bunch of expired ones. When I do the update on the MMA, the new files are synced/downloaded to the device, but the deleted files are not deleted. Spent 15 minutes looking for a config option to enable this, but not found. It must be able to do this...?!?

Thanks,
bigkid

Re: Deleted files aren't removed on sync (MMA)

Post by bigkid »

Hi kvon.

Try this: Go to the drop-down MMA menu / Select Options / In the "Sync Settings" select storage on your device used for sync / Check that "Delete Unselected Content Copies" and "Delete All Unselected Content" are selected.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Allan
WASAPI ASIO KERNAL STREAMING BASIC TUTORIAL: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 82#p450582
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you need to change it to delete all media files in order for files no longer in the MMW Library to be deleted from your device. This isn't the default setting as it may also remove any other media files (like videos you took), so check the delete confirmation window before proceeding.
kvon

Post by kvon »

Thanks, that did it. I did find those 2 options when I was first looking for this but the wording of the menu options and the help tips is very confusing...

"Delete unselected files and playlists from the device, even if copies don't exist on the server"... What does unselected mean? When I do a sync I don't think of it as selecting or unselecting anything - I just want it to mirror the files (and deletions) from the server onto the mobile device.

Not a big deal - but I've used a few other kinds of file sync & backup software on computers, and the terminology here is different than those...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You start with selecting what to sync. If then on a subsequent sync you make a different selection then files become unselected.