MMA - 'Genre' tag, written in 'Album' Tag after import

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

pTimo

MMA - 'Genre' tag, written in 'Album' Tag after import

Post by pTimo »

Hi

I use mediamonkey on android and there is something that is bugging me.
When I add new songs to my phone's SD card the ID3 tags are the way I want them, even the empty ones and I don't like them to be altered... like at all... With all the time it took...
The problem is that MMA add the 'genre' ID3 tag to the empty 'album' ID3 tag, which makes the album section unusable. It takes a bit of time to clean everything, and if it stayed this way, I would live with it. But MMA decides to delete everything and re-import every couple of weeks or so, and I have to clean it all again (I have more than 5000 songs in my library, most with no album tags).

Is this a bug or a feature ?
If it's a feature, is there a way to prevent MMA from touching the ID3 tags ?

Note that I have the auto tag disabled, so I guess it shouldn't do anything.

Appart from that and the crash on PC since the 4.1.18 (which make MMA crash with the Bex error when I try to import my library, thus making it unusable), MMA is everything I always wanted, so thank you guys for the work !
Lowlander

Re: MMA - 'Genre' tag, written in 'Album' Tag after import

Post by Lowlander »

MMA can't write tags to the files.

[EDIT: It modifies the database with the updated metadata, then on the next sync operation, that metadata is synced to MediaMonkey for Windows and the original tracks are tagged with the new metadata]

Is the problem that MMA displays Album values or that other Apps have Album value after MMA reads the files?
pTimo

Post by pTimo »

Thanks for the quick answer !

I just checked using VLC, you are right, the album tag is still empty (on a file that MMA "wrote" the genre tag in album). But MMA is what I use, and the problem remains there until I manually clear it.

Forgive my ignorance, but where do the listed tags in MMA comes from ? Is there a file for each tracks containing the ID3 tags used byu MMA or something ?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

They come from Android Media Scanner if you didn't sync directly from MMW to the device.
pTimo

Post by pTimo »

Okay, so I am gonna try this

Thanks for the support !