SD Sync Option Unavailabel on MMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

tugadaq1

SD Sync Option Unavailabel on MMA

Post by tugadaq1 »

The option to sync to SD card is unavailable on WWA. I can sync to SD using USB until about 2500 songs are transferred when in freezes. But if I go to wifi sync, only option is internal memory. Grant remote sync is checked. All other profiles other than Fusion SD are unchecked. I can play songs that have transferred to the SD card. I can play songs on the tablet using MMW Media Server. I have reinstalled both MMA and MMW. MMA is 1.2.0.0694 and MMW is 1.4.16.1836. MMW running on Win 7 Pro and MMA on Fusion 5 tablet.
Peke

Re: SD Sync Option Unavailabel on MMA

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You should apply for MMA Beta. Also is SDCard available when browsing using Folders?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

No problem seeing contents of SD card with file manager.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Strange.

- When you ran mma for the first time, were you able to grant MMA access to the SD card in the manner described at http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... e/View/237 (item 2) ?

- What device do you have and what version of Android is it running?

- Can you run MMA and generate a debug log (Menu > About > Send logs, and post the log ID to this thread) ?

Thanks!

-Rusty
tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

Tablet is a Fusion 5 running Android 5.1. I was able to give access to the SD card and usb sync works (up to about 2500 songs when it freezes). But there is no option in MMA to sync to SD card. It plays the songs on the sd card that were synced using usb. Since there is no option to sync to sd card using wifi in mma, no sync is run and there are no debug files.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Just run MMA and generate the debug log (without syncing). It'll give us information about why the SD card isn't being recognized correctly.

-Rusty
tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

Log ID: LEUZQXXUV7Y
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

Hi, I can see that the SD card was recognized as readonly and MMA cannot write to it. That is why you cannot sync to this storage but you can play USB synced files.

Could you please try to uninstall and reinstall MMA ? Don't worry about synced data. All your content will remain there.

After reinstallation, please send another log right after MMA starts and you grant permission to SD card. Thank you.
tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

I have not responded to this because the SD card started to fail. I now have a new SD card and still have problems, but they are different. On first opening MM after I install (after clearing the tablet of all reference to MM), the request for access to the SD card fails with SD Card/Music was not requested. I will note that the SD card has an explanation point next to it. The MM Data Base however loads the files to the data base, but the files are grayed out and cannot be played. I have created and sent a debug file at this point (). However, If I go into options and select the Music file it appears to accept it and the Music folder is shown in the list. But again, the tracks are grayed and cannot be played. I can then use WiFi sync. The tracks get loaded into Music and the data base, but they are grayed out and will not play. The files are visible using ES File Manager. I can read and write files to the SD card using Excel.
This now significantly different than the previous problem where I was able to play the files, but WiFi sync failed.
tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

Forgot to include log ID: J9A7XPFIWQ.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
tugadaq1

Post by tugadaq1 »

I think this has gotten confusing because the problem has changed. It appears either the recent update has corrected the problem with wifi sync (or it was related to bad SD card), but the recent update broke the ability to play the tracks. I consider the wifi problem solved, but will be opening a new thread on MMA's refusal to play tracks on the SD card.
Peke

Post by Peke »

So, have you changed SDCard and that fixed the sync?

If Yes, do you see tracks from previous SDCard even you copied them back on new SDcard as grayed?
Best regards,
Peke