Collections on mma

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

psheffield

Collections on mma

Post by psheffield »

I synced my full library from mmw to mma. I have a few collections in mmw but I can't see them in mma. Is there a way to see collections in mma?

I have mma version 1.2.0.624.
Peke

Re: Collections on mma

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Custom Collections are not yet supported in MMA, but they are planned for future.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

Note: despite the inability to browse by Collection, all of your tracks should have been synced to MMA.

-Rusty
Nikko

Post by Nikko »

I'm dithering about purchasing MM pro because I want to create a custom collection for 'backing tracks' to stop them appearing in my general music shuffle. However, I generally use them on my android device, synced from my windows pc. Can you confirm if custom collections are or are not supported on Android devices? If not, how can I check on progress or make a feature request for this?
Thanks,

Tim
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
For what you want looks like you more need MMW GOLD than MMA Pro (unless you want to sync over WiFi which I personally prefer) where you can set Custom collections and make only those you want available for sync.

In MMW when you create new custom collections you can edit existing ones to exclude tracks in your "Backing Tracks" collection eg. if your Backing Tracks are in "c:\BackupTracks" then in other collection add criteria NOT IN PATH "c:\BackupTracks" and tracks will not be shown. Finally after you have your collections set you simply go to Tools -> Options -> DLNA/UPnP settings and setup MMW Library server what Collections you would like to be available for sync to Android Devices.

If it is still unclear let me know and I'll try to explain it in more details.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts