MMW -> MMA Wifi Sync, cannot convert FLAC to MP3

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

MMW -> MMA Wifi Sync, cannot convert FLAC to MP3

Post by ed.j »

Am trying to sync a MMW playlist with MMA. MMA seems to be finding the files properly but they aren't being converted to MP3 (most of my music is FLAC) when downloaded by MMA.

Settings changed:
- Options - Media Sharing - (Server) Options - UPnP/DLNA - (Specific MMA device) options - Auto-Conversion - enabled for FLAC (ie customized for device)
- Options - Media Sharing - (Server) Options - Auto-Conversion - enabled for FLAC (ie global)

Any ideas?
Lowlander

Re: MMW -> MMA Wifi Sync, cannot convert FLAC to MP3

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have MMW Gold? If so does FLAC to MP3 conversion fail if you do so in MMW itself?
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Yeah I'm using MMW Gold 4.1.11.1783
Converts to MP3 from FLAC perfectly well in MMW.
I just uninstalled and reinstalled MMW to see if that would fix it. It didn't. :/
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Auto-Conversion needs to be set in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync) for sync conversion to take place. Check that you did set it correct there.
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

OK that seems to have been it, thank you Lowlander, but for a slightly counter-intuitive reason. My phone has two storage areas, known to MMW as Internal Storage and SD Card. MMA was set to download to SD Card, and so I had set all the auto convert options from FLAC to MP3 for the SD Card instances in MMW (I think there were multiple due to Andoird upgrades... not entirely sure) - but not Internal Storage. I just set the auto convert options for the Internal Storage instances for FLAC to MP3 and that seems to have fixed the problem. So not working in quite the right way. Should I raise this as a bug somewhere?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sometimes storages (2 is expected) get switched. Just rename them correctly in MMW and continue.