Problems with Ghost files (greyed out,missing songs)

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

nickyjefferz

Problems with Ghost files (greyed out,missing songs)

Post by nickyjefferz »

Hi, just finished uploading all my songs to my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6's 128gb SD card and in the library, many songs are duplicated but greyed out and when you attempt to play the files it says skipping inaccessible track.
So now my collection says over 20,000 when its 12,000 on MMW and is annoying that for every song that plays it has to skip several.
The bad files are "located" in /Music/<Artist>/<Album> and the real ones are in /storage/sdcard1/Music/<Artist>/<Album>
I've tried deleting storageInfo.xml etc, uninstalling MMA, and removing the sdcard to start fresh, but the library is kept somewhere else.

Also, I cant grant access to the SD card, but this may not be a problem with MMA, as another app has the same problem - when trying to grant access, internal is there but no SD card. and yeah, the SD card is fine, official but 128gb.
I've sent a Log: DY023792WP

Phone: Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 (its a re branded ZTE Blade S6 Plus)
Android: 5.1.1
MMA:1.1.3.0529

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by nickyjefferz on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtsig

Re: Problems with Ghost files (greyed out,missing songs)

Post by dtsig »

Device, version android, version mma
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
nickyjefferz

Post by nickyjefferz »

Original post updated; but its a
Phone: Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 (its a re branded ZTE Blade S6 Plus)
Android: 5.1.1
MMA:1.1.3.0529
nickyjefferz

Post by nickyjefferz »

Ok so after many days and a lot of research I've fixed it...

so for anyone searching the forums for help here's some useful info

If you cannot access the SD card when it prompts you (or see it as an option), it may be because your SD card is in the wrong format - it needs to be FAT32

Any SD card larger 32GB will not be automatically formatted right. (Mine was eXFAT out the box) and you will need to google for a programme that allows for formatting larger drives and info and why it happens; also it will wipe all your data, so back it up!

This along with setting up where my files (songs) are installed to, has sorted my problems.

Hope it helps.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I do not have issues with exFAT on Moto G, 64GB formatted on phone, prior update to 5.1 I could not format any card larger than 32GB

Main problem is that it looks 128GB is not supported by phone itself (http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_ultra_6-7313.php) and thus workarounds needs to be used.
FAT32 will be OK for Music but not for Movies that have larger files.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts