FIXED: duplicates

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Knowknayme

FIXED: duplicates

Post by Knowknayme »

I can't even tell you how mad I am about this right now, installed MM for PC loved it.
Got the app for syncing and general management, thought it looked cool, its not, its a major headache
I'm fairly computer literate, but I have no clue how to fix this.

At first it was my mistake, I accidentally put a '/' instead of a '\' when editing sync location, so this messed up the data and it thought I had two of every song even though on the sd card I obviously only have one of every card, thinking this was some weird error I deleted all music and tried again, same thing two hours of syncing and it still didn't fix the issue. Saw it was because they were all listed twice in mediamonkey music under device when plugged in, I deleted second listing sorting by location. Device froze and rebooted, now I cleared the memory card deleted all media monkey stuff off phone and tried to start fresh, it still thinks I have whole library on when I do not, and there is no way to delete it, deleting it by selecting delete all on device crashes device.

What am I supposed to do, this should be slightly more intuitive.
Last edited by Knowknayme on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
rovingcowboy

Re: SOO FRUSTERATED

Post by rovingcowboy »

what phone you don't tell us tech info?
but i am thinking you got mma on a phone. that is either having issues its self or you did not clean the junk off the phone after the failed sync's?
uninstall mma again, then go to the playstore and find avg cleaner or the ccleaner and clean the junk off the phone. then restart phone and then try the install of mma again.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Re: SOO FRUSTERATED

Post by Lowlander »

Update to the latest betas of MMA and MMW. Some duplication bugs have been resolved, especially when using SD cards on Android 4.4 devices (Google put access restrictions in place and a lots of Apps struggle with this).
Knowknayme

Re: SOO FRUSTRATED

Post by Knowknayme »

Basically all I need to find out how to do is clear the current list of songs mediamonkey for android thinks I have, I have fixed the issue with the syncing, but no matter what I do there are 1000 or so songs that synced with the wrong address. I am not sure how to remove these from the list.

Playing the rest of my library when I select one of the songs synced correctly it goes through and plays all just fine skipping those synced wrong, but if I click the wrong option of the two of some songs I have, the whole thing goes nuts.

I have tried clearing, re installing, re syncing, deleted the duplicates in the media monkey for pc browser when viewing phone
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If the files are on the device, you can use Folders in MMA or a File Browser on your device to delete them. For the latter or if the files don't exist on your device a rescan from the Options in MMA should fix the issue (I suggest using the latest beta though).
Knowknayme

Post by Knowknayme »

Files are not on the device twice, only once.
For some files there are two paths, the correct path storage/sdCard/MediaMonkey/Artist/...
and the incorrect path //Mediamonkey/artist/...

the second one isn't even a valid path, so it doesn't exist in the first place I don't think I don't know how to delete it..

Rescanning does not delete them, I'm assuming because it can't find that they are not there?

Edit: I am using beta

To clarify, everything works there are just two of most entries, just in songs list, they can't be found elsewhere because they don't exist, the path is not valid,
I can't delete each individually, I've wiped card, then resynced and was still there...

FINAL EDIT: FIXED IT, I can help anyone if they any issues with this sort of thing I understand it very well now...
piconut

Post by piconut »

Knowknayme wrote: FINAL EDIT: FIXED IT, I can help anyone if they any issues with this sort of thing I understand it very well now...
Um... Great! Do you want to let us in the fix? Inquiring minds want to know
Rarefiedair

Re: FIXED: duplicates

Post by Rarefiedair »

A followup guide would be very helpful. I'm having this same issue.
Daryn

Re: FIXED: duplicates

Post by Daryn »

Is anyone getting anywhere on teh duplicate entries problem?

My current workflow to do a music sync is
- delete all the music on the android
- uninstall MMA
- Reboot
- reinstall MMA
- do a clean Sync
Pray a lot
repeat as necessary

its a pain.