Deleting Databases - where located?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Epi

Deleting Databases - where located?

Post by Epi »

Hi,

after trying to establish a sync between MMW and MMA (which still worked basically) I decides to do it my easy standard way: just point MMA to the selected folder on my SD-Card.

BUT MMA has now stored some black/white cover with the monkey on it and data in the lists, which is not longer there. I deinstalled it, installed it again, have pointed MMA to the folder, and - have the old entries together with the new ones.

How can I surely delete the DB, so that I have a clean system? After that, I will no longer ask silly questions, I am fine with MMA.

Cheers
Epi
Lowlander

Re: Deleting Databases - where located?

Post by Lowlander »

Have you rescanned in MMA?

Database is in the MediaMonkey folder.
Epi

Post by Epi »

Yes of course I have rescanned.

I have two Mediamonkey Folder. I deleted both. No changes. Everything as before. I don´t know what the folders are for - when you delete them, everything is just like before.
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

I also have this problem

I have found two different files called StorageInfo.xml.MMW
One on my card in "Media Monkey" and one on my card in "Android\data\com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey\files\files

They both have approximately the same time stamp.... I seem to be able to delete them both and nothing changes in my Android MM, even if I rescan.
Also, I have two of every track in my track listing, and I'm wondering if this is related....
Daryn

Tracks that are present once are showing twice (phantoms)

Post by Daryn »

I have this exact problem

I deleted the files within MM, and they wouldn't go away..
Now I have two of everything..

so I deleted them in file manager and rescanned... nothing happened..
still two

so I deinstalled MM, ripped out all the files I could find.
bought a different version, reinstalled, rescanned... and finally got one version of everything..

problem is, I now have another song I want to change, and it seems like a lot of work to do it that way.
Daryn

Post by Daryn »

I have a new clue

I tried deleting all the tracks from within MMA by selecting all the albums in the album listing.
(long press on one album, wait for the check boxes and then select each album)

the result was that about 80% of the albums were deleted and about 20% were "undeletable"
When I rescanned, only the ones I couldn't delete were duplicated... the rest cleaned up.

what does that mean?
mediamonkeychick

Re: Tracks that are present once are showing twice (phantoms

Post by mediamonkeychick »

Disappointing to see no reply from the developers on this topic.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's not uncommon that old bugs still affect users even when they have been fixed. A clean start (wiping MMA and it's files as well as all media files from device) may be the only solution.