Moderator: Gurus

disorganizer

artwork change during playback of 1 directory not working

Post by disorganizer »

i am a new mma pro user.

my setup:
android 4.2
files i got a problem with:
one directory with multiple files with mixed artists, no album name or track info inside.
artwork is embedded in mp3 tags for each file.

problem:
when playing back this directory, the arwork during playback does not change. all files have the same artwork and not the one embedded in the file.

is this a bug?
i would have expected the same behaviour as on my rockbox mp3 player (same files) and on the pc.

or did i do something wrong?
Lowlander

Re: artwork change during playback of 1 directory not workin

Post by Lowlander »

Likely caused by no Album name thus all are considered belonging to the same Album (and thus same Artwork).
disorganizer

Post by disorganizer »

yes, thats what i thought. i worked around my primary problem (i wanted all files in the same directory for specific "collections", now used custom1 tab for this), but anyways this is a bit of a unecpected behaviour.

i would have expected the player to read the id3 embedded album art from the files on playback.
but it seems mma is building a kind of coverart index and extracts the coverart from the file index by the album name or something.

is there a chance this somehow unlogic behaviour changes with an update soon?

my workaround for my primary problem:
using custom 1 tag to define "collection names" and the formula
..\$If(<Album Artist>,<Album Artist> - )$If(<Custom 1>,<Custom 1>,<Album>)\$If(<Disc#>,<Disc#:2> - )$If(<Track#>,<Track#:2> - )$If(<Artist>=<Album Artist>,,<Artist> - )<Title>
for file naming (using custom 1 as album name if it exists)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, it caches 1 Art per Album. Change to this has been requested, but MMW also does this. I also presume it is much speedier than either reading Artwork from file or caching Artwork per file.