More Sync Questions

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

jjfnk

More Sync Questions

Post by jjfnk »

I have set up syncing via WiFi. It works just fine so far. However, I have questions about some of the syncing parameters that are not clear to me.
My objectives are:
1. To sync my library and playlists from MMW to MMA, which works fine.
2. To delete playlists/files from MMW and have them deleted from MMA, which also works fine.
3. To delete files and playlists from MMA and have them delete off of MMA only with no impact on MMW, which works fine.

But, can I set a parameter to delete a file from MMA and have it deleted from MMA playlist and library and from the MMW playlist but not the MMW library?
Do I need to set any parameters on MMW to do this?

Also, under my sync options on MMA I do not totally understand what these two options mean:

4. Delete unselected content copies on MMA. This is checked and so my unselected copies on MMA are removed upon sync. This is what seems to happen currently.
5. Delete all unselected content. It's not checked and I'm not sure the implications of this parameter.

Thanks,
JJF

Windows 10 PC
MMW = 4.1.31.1919
AMD Ryzen 5600X, 3701 Mhz
16 GB ram
500 GB m.2 SSD
500 GB SSD

Samsung Galaxy S10
MMA = 1.4.3.0950
MediaMonkey Pro
128 GB Internal Storage
Lowlander

Re: More Sync Questions

Post by Lowlander »

jjfnk wrote:But, can I set a parameter to delete a file from MMA and have it deleted from MMA playlist and library and from the MMW playlist but not the MMW library?
No
jjfnk wrote:Delete unselected content copies on MMA.
Deletes any files that are in the MMW Library, but not on the sync list from your device.
jjfnk wrote:Delete all unselected content.
Deletes any media files supported by MMW and not on the sync list from your device. This option will be required if you remove files from MMW and expect them to be moved from your device as well, but should be used with caution as it may affect other media files on your device (thus study the delete confirmation dialog carefully).
jjfnk

Re: More Sync Questions

Post by jjfnk »

Got it. Thanks.
JJF

Windows 10 PC
MMW = 4.1.31.1919
AMD Ryzen 5600X, 3701 Mhz
16 GB ram
500 GB m.2 SSD
500 GB SSD

Samsung Galaxy S10