artist and track name to speech

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

MonkeyStrut

artist and track name to speech

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi --

Do one of you know a way to have the artist and track name currently playing speeched in the headphone (ideally using a shortcut one can control with the headset).

I have tested with "Tune Announcer" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eannouncer) but (1) its behavior is quite random, (2) it is (supposed to be run) for all the songs that are played and (3), more importantly, the speech doesn't lower the track volume, so basically we can't hear anything).

I've tried with something like Shazam but it seems to work only with music that is played in the background, not from within the phone.

Any suggestion would be welcomed!

-cheers-
ddayforthedeceiver

Re: artist and track name to speech

Post by ddayforthedeceiver »

Not a solution, but I can tell you this: try Tune Announcer with another media player that supports scrobbling and it works perfectly (and the speech lowers the track volume - do you have the Music volume option enabled to be something lower than 100%?)

Something strange going on between MMA and Tune Announcer. TA works fine with all players I've tried (although I definitely haven't done an exhaustive sampling) except MMA. With MMA it will work for a few tracks, fail for the next few, then start working again. You can tell TA is getting the scrobble every single time regardless and attempts to engage the TTS but fails. With SVOX, it's even more bizarre as you get a crash report from SVOX. Other TTS engines just fail silently.

Reading the above, you wouldn't think it has anything to do with the player - except it's only happening with MMA so far. I'd be curious to hear if you could reproduce the problem with another player.