Set sync folder (WiFi) separately for music & audiobooks?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

surfer

Set sync folder (WiFi) separately for music & audiobooks?

Post by surfer »

When i sync my audiobooks and music by WiFi (sync from MMA on my device) i can only set the sorage card but not the exact location: everything gets synced to "Music".

But AudioBooks are not music, i do not wnat them there.

It it possible to sync the music files and the audiobooks to separate folders? For example:

music files to a folder: media/music
audiobooks to a folder: media/audiobooks
Lowlander

Re: Set sync folder (WiFi) separately for music & audiobooks

Post by Lowlander »

This setting and many more are available in MMW in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync). After you change the settings you can do a wifi sync.
surfer

Post by surfer »

Thanks!
Ii thought the "portable device sync" was only for syncing by USB. And i want to sync by the server under "Media Sharing & WiFi Sync".

But, still, i've tried to set the folder for audiobooks as "media\audiobooks\..." under "portable device sync/file location" with no result: everything ends up in the foder "Music\audiobooks" on my Android device :o
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Media Sharing is for DLNA streaming (and the server needs to be enable to allow wifi syncing), however sync (USB and wifi) are controlled by the same Device Profile under Portable Device Sync.

Are you sure you changed the correct Device Profile? If you have an SD card you generally will have 2 device profiles for your device, one for the internal and one for the external memory. On occasion they may be switched. A clue as to what Device Profile is correct will often come from the sync selection.
surfer

Post by surfer »

Ok, the problem was apparently that i did not delete the tracks from the previous folder "music" before trying to sync the same content to "media\audiobooks...", that's why i got the info "everything in sync" and the tracks were not transfered once more to the new folder. But now, after deleting all first, it seems to work ok. Thanks a lot once more!

What's pretty confusing as well is where to select the content for the sync by Wifi. I first thought it has to be selected under "Media Sharing/Server/Options/Shared content". But this seems to be for the sharing by DLNA only.

But for the sync by WiFi the content has to be selected only under "Portable device sync", and afterwards can (additionally) be modified in MMA on the device under "Sync Location/Settings".

Is that right?
Last edited by surfer on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, Portable Device Sync controls sync whether it is wifi or USB. Media Sharing controls DLNA sharing.

MediaMonkey won't move existing files (unless you enable this in the Device Profile), so this is why you only saw the change after you deleted the files.
surfer

Post by surfer »

Ok. i see, thanks!

It it, in some way, possible to envoke/start the WiFi-sync on the PC as well (instead on the android MMA client)?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, only MMA can start the wifi sync.