Classical not listed in genres?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kuoirad

Classical not listed in genres?

Post by kuoirad »

Greetings,

I just came across MediaMonkey due to a writeup in Lifehacker. I've been looking for an Android media/music player that will allow me to browse my music collection in the Genre -> Artist -> Album method I'm used to from the iTunes/iPod world I have been using up until now. MediaMonkey seems to be the first one that does that decently.

However, MMA does not seem to show Classical in the genre list, but shows some of my classical collection in the Classical Music area instead, which then sorts on composer. I have yet to find a way to have MMA treat my classical collection simply as a genre I can then browse by artist. Have I missed a setting somewhere to change this? I'm ready to pay for a Pro license, but this one little thing has me hesitating...
Lowlander

Re: Classical not listed in genres?

Post by Lowlander »

Classical is separated in the Classical entry.
rusty

Post by rusty »

The next major release will focus on improved browsing/sorting tools, and should address the issue you raised.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Rusty
kuoirad

Post by kuoirad »

Thanks for the update. I'm working to try and get my classical collection to more properly conform to what MMA wants it to be now. It's not a trivial thing, since I'm also an OS X user. :)

That said, I've gone ahead and paid for MMA Pro - let's give this a ride and see where it goes. :)
rusty wrote:The next major release will focus on improved browsing/sorting tools, and should address the issue you raised.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

I hope you're running MMW in basecamp or parallels--otherwise it'll be quite a challenge.

-Rusty