fast forward and rewind buttons

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

gwen

fast forward and rewind buttons

Post by gwen »

I am REALLY hoping for a way to have fast forward and rewind buttons on MediaMonkey's Android music player, similar to the audiobook players. Audiobook players have separate buttons to fast forward or rewind by different time intervals. Pressing and holding the next track/previous track buttons isn't good enough because I need something while driving, and can't watch the screen. Is there a way to add buttons like this to my MediaMonkey screen?
Peke

Re: fast forward and rewind buttons

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you using your phone to play music or you have dedicated Android HeadUnit (I bought one for myself and it is great) ?

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gwen

Post by gwen »

Thanks for your reply! I forgot to check back in to look for it. Yes, I use my phone. I'm getting a new vehicle soon and will look into Android Auto capability. I'm not very familiar with it yet. It looks like it gives me a bigger screen to work with. But I would still need to press and hold play to fast forward, right? (vs having separate buttons to fast forward a set number of seconds)
gwen

Post by gwen »

If I could, I'd want larger-size print for track, artist, album titles, larger control buttons (and more of them -- dedicated FF and REW buttons as I asked for above), and less space for album artwork and stars. It would be so great -- and I know this is probably pie-in-the-sky -- if users could design their screen by dragging items from a pre-set list and sizing them.