My SD card is not detected by MMA after Android update

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

slovenly.muse

My SD card is not detected by MMA after Android update

Post by slovenly.muse »

Hi! I run Mediamonkey on my PC (Windows 10) and on my HTC 10. After the latest Android update, MM on my HTC doesn't detect my SD card anymore. It used to work fine, now it won't play files in the library from the SD card, and can't detect new files that have been transferred to the SD card. When I navigate to "options" and select library folders, it only shows folders in internal storage, with no option to select external storage. The version I run on my PC is able to detect and communicate with the SD card when they are USB-connected, and transfer files to it. I know the SD card is not the problem, because other apps run files off it just fine, and if I navigate to my SD card folders on the phone, I can see all my music, and even select "Mediamonkey" to play files successfully. It is just the MM app that doesn't detect the SD card. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, but no dice. I have also navigated the settings on my phone, but can't find anywhere permissions might be denied for external storage or MM. Any advice?
Jerome tFb

Re: My SD card is not detected by MMA after Android update

Post by Jerome tFb »

I have the same issue on my galaxy S8, and unfortunately it started at the same time I upgraded my sd card to a 256GB... I thought the card was the issue, but MMA doesn't show the sd in its settings all the time, but my folder explorer see it fine.
Sync is all over the place, and when I manage to sync over WiFi and I try to sync by USB, MMW sees that same card as another one...
WE NEED A FIX ASAP!!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Do you see it in Folders browser? Can you play track in MMA if you initiate playback in file explorer?

after you try both above, no matter if it works or not, can you please open MMA and use ... -> About MMA -> Send Logs and write down LOG ID here before you send it?

That will give us incline how MMA see your SDcard.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts

Post by Guest »

Hi, yes I can play tracks with MMA when started from file explorer.
I just sent a log: NXP1SVNC5M.

Also USB sync doesn't work either i keep on getting the "media transfer process on galaxy S8 appears to be frozen...". So basically sync fails completely.
Sometime the SD card is recognised as a new one (?) and I have to reset all the sync parameters. Not a happy bunny at the moment, especially when I bought MMA 3 weeks ago or something...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Ok Is your SDCard formatted as internal or media SDCard?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Jerome tFb

Post by Jerome tFb »

*by the way i created an account on the MM forum, so I am the same user as the "guest" who sent you the log above.
Seen this before, tried it all. Still get the error.
I scoured the net to try to find a solution, same problem all the time.
Peke wrote:Hi,
Ok Is your SDCard formatted as internal or media SDCard?
Hi it is set as media SDCard.
It is a Brand new Samsung EVO 256GB fitted in a Samsung Galaxy S8.

Previously, I had a Samsung evo 128GB, and it worked fine.
The card is still useable normally in Android, it is simply the syncing in MM that fails all the time.

Also, just so you know, once it crashed it starts "syncing" very fast, and when I stop it (as I do not see these files appear on my device in explorer or the device itself), I get an error message:
Could it be a bug due to the latest android version, and MM not communicating properly with it?
Jerome tFb

Post by Jerome tFb »

i found this page which could explain stuff, however the methods explained there did not work for me.
Jerome tFb

Post by Jerome tFb »

Any update on this? have you looked at the log I posted?

thanks
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
I have analyzed your log. MMA is not able to write to your sd-card.
At first, MMA is not able to write to its app folder "Android/data/com.vetismedia...." so
MMA use to store its data "MediaMonkey" folder, but later I can see also writing to this folder fails and storage is evaluated as "ReadyOnly". This is the reason why you don't see storage available for sync. Is there enough free space? Are you able copy some additional files to sd-card manually?
Sd-card format and new sync usually help in this case.
Jerome tFb

Post by Jerome tFb »

Hi, yes I have tried all of this, but I am getting to the conclusion that the SD card is faulty.
There is no problem with my 128GB card, so I suspect that this 256GB card is a dud.
Sorry for the bother!