Wireless Sync not finding my server

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

guto0025

Wireless Sync not finding my server

Post by guto0025 »

I have enabled sharing of my library on my Win7 machine side and even set to port to 4000, my library is visible within MM on my win7 machine. but nonetheless i cannot connect to a sync server or anything besides my plex server when on my home network. When i go to wireless synchronization it scans for a sync server for a little but then says "no server found. email blah blah blah." and gives me a link which doesn't even help. I have MM 4.1.0.1692 on my PC and the latest on my Surface RT. I have it set to share automatically with new devices, what is the problem? am i missing something? I see other threads mentioning a windows pop up box which requires permissions granted to MM when enabling sharing but i don't recall seeing anything of the sort. any help is greatly appreciated.

- i have: MM Gold & 4.1.0.1692 on my Win7 PC
MM release 1.0.4.62 (arm) & win 8.1 on my Surface RT
UPnP not working and sync server not being discovered

EDIT: i just changed my port randomly to 5792 and i saw some options "configure wireless sync" , "Audio Sync directory " & "video Sync" or something like that. When i went to select the Audio one it took me to a page where it looked like i could select a folder to download my files to, then it crashed and when i restarted its gone and not finding it again.
Lowlander

Re: Wireless Sync not finding my server

Post by Lowlander »

When having wifi sync trouble on MM8 or MMA you should first check if UPnP can be used in these Apps. If UPnP can't find the MMW server it is a network, MMW PC firewall or MMW settings issue.

As a new build (complete rebuild) is due the current one is no longer being troubleshot.
guto0025

Post by guto0025 »

Still can't figure this one out. Is release 10 on the Windows Store the update that should have fixed this issue?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, the new rebuild hasn't been finished yet.
guto0025

Post by guto0025 »

So, i finally got it working a couple weeks ago. In my Firewall settings (on my win 7 PC) i had two different Media Monkey entries, after allowing both i can finally see my server semi-consistently.

Only problem is that after sync with my 38,000 song library (Sync has taken multiple days to complete) only the FLAC files where transferred. About 15,000 MP3s never made it over to the device. I've went into sync settings on my WIN7 server side and checked every box for supported formats, but i still don't get the missing songs to transfer.
guto0025

Post by guto0025 »

MMA? do you mean MM for Win RT? I tried to re-scan that file folder in case the reason it didn't add them was if they were already in the database but not on the drive. Problem is that it has been stuck on "Remove dead links..." for almost 9 hours.