Status notifications/Status on lock screen: what do they do?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

sogarth

Status notifications/Status on lock screen: what do they do?

Post by sogarth »

I've been poking at the "Show status notifications" and "Show status on lock screen" toggles, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what they do. On Windows 8.1, after I turn them on, and when MM8 is set as a lock screen app (or, for that matter, even if it's set as the app to display detailed status), I see no changes on my lock screen (whether it's playing or after tracks change).

Am I missing something? :-? Or is this related to MM8 not having been updated since May?

Thanks!
PetrCBR

Re: Status notifications/Status on lock screen: what do they

Post by PetrCBR »

Hi.
"Show status notifications" - user is notified when next track is going to play (when app is not on top)
"Show status on lock screen" - indicator on lock screen of current track/remaining tracks (when playback is on)
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
sogarth

Post by sogarth »

Which is what I figured... but they don't work for me.

Setting both to on, with Display set to "Current track #", if I have a different application in the foreground, when the track changes, nothing shows anywhere (News + Tiny Death Star in front). With it still playing, if I bring up the lock screen (with mm8 verified as a Lock screen app in the settings for Lock screen), nothing shows on my lock screen. :cry:
sogarth

Post by sogarth »

sogarth wrote:Setting both to on, with Display set to "Current track #", if I have a different application in the foreground, when the track changes, nothing shows anywhere (News + Tiny Death Star in front).
Hmm... interesting. So I do see MediaMonkey's status notification... but only when I change volume (it pops up to the right of the volume indicator). I'm not sure why it's not showing up during other track changes, though. :(