Windows 8.1

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

gcoupe

Re: Windows 8.1

Post by gcoupe »

As there is still no sign of the update, I take it that something unexpected has happened?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Bugs that prevent release are still being ironed out.
pacodiem

Post by pacodiem »

In windows 8.1 I can't see the general settings, when I select the option nothing happens, the other settings like "Playback" or "scan for media" do work fine.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success.
gcoupe

Post by gcoupe »

Lowlander wrote:Bugs that prevent release are still being ironed out.
How's the ironing getting along? It's been almost 8 months since the update was to be available "soon".
Sanjay

Playback controls not working on Surface RT

Post by Sanjay »

I don't think it's too soon to nag, so more than 5 months later (and probably a year after the update was promised) what's the status of that "almost ready to release" HTML5/JS/C++ version? If it's entirely their fault then can you let us know what MS needs to do so we can help by bugging some people working there?

Or do we take it you guys have decided to dump the Metro app for good? Since there's no sign of VLC for Windows RT either (and I don't think we'll ever see it) I suppose there's no point hanging around any longer. Shame, I did think Windows on ARM had some promise. :(
Sanjay

Post by Sanjay »

gcoupe wrote:How's the ironing getting along? It's been almost 8 months since the update was to be available "soon".
Yes please, I'd love to know this too! At least if we know one way or other that the bugs or limitations of the WinRT environment have proved insurmountable or you guys have just given up on the Metro version for some reason, we can have some peace of mind instead of waiting indefinitely with no news except meaningless "it's coming soon" type comments.
GEBoynton

Post by GEBoynton »

I installed this on my PC tablet running Windows 8.1. I don't have the same screen that is shown on the download page. I don't have setting options. I am particularly interested in the view showing a screen similar to iTunes where I can create playlists. I inadvertently clicked "all music" which put my whole library in one playlist. No way to undo. As it appears now, I can only play music. Basically, it appears that I got a stripped down version of what I thought I was getting. Certainly, I must be mistaken. I could use some help.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MM8 is an App and as such has a limited feature set. If you run a full version of Windows you should use MMW as it's a desktop software if you want the full feature set.