video won't play on surface pro tablet

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

kkeyes02

video won't play on surface pro tablet

Post by kkeyes02 »

I just downloaded the latest version of Mediamonkey. I have a surface pro tablet. I can't get my videos to play. The play on my laptop perfectly, but not on the surface pro tablet. Do you have any ideas how I can get the videos to play The music plays fine on the tablet.
PetrCBR

Re: video won't play on surface pro tablet

Post by PetrCBR »

Video is playing fine in built in Video app ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
kkeyes01

Post by kkeyes01 »

I can play videos using the microsoft video application. I can't get Mediamonkey to play the videos on the surface pro tablet. I have Windows 7 on my other laptop and Mediamonkey plays them fine. So far, no luck with the surface pro tablet. I downloaded the latest version of Mediamonkey which I believe is compatible with Windows 8. The surface pro tablet is using Windows 8.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

You're talking about MediaMonkey from windows store, right ?
kkeyes01

Re: video won't play using Windows 8

Post by kkeyes01 »

I have MediaMonkey ver 4.07.1511 on my Sony laptop using Windows 8. For some reason the program will not play my videos. The videos played fine when I was using Windows 7. The videos are loading normally into Mediamonkey. When I click play now, the program indicates 'now playing'. However, there is no sound or video playback. Does anyone know what this conflict is with Windows 8 and my videos. The videos are all in mp4 format, and as I mentioned, play fine with Windows 7. Thanks.
nohitter151

Re: video won't play using Windows 8

Post by nohitter151 »

kkeyes01 wrote:I have MediaMonkey ver 4.07.1511 on my Sony laptop using Windows 8. For some reason the program will not play my videos. The videos played fine when I was using Windows 7. The videos are loading normally into Mediamonkey. When I click play now, the program indicates 'now playing'. However, there is no sound or video playback. Does anyone know what this conflict is with Windows 8 and my videos. The videos are all in mp4 format, and as I mentioned, play fine with Windows 7. Thanks.
Do the files play in Windows media player on the same Win 8 pc? If not you are probably missing the codec needed to play the files. By the way, this subforum is for MM8, which is MediaMonkey for Windows surface tablets or the metro interface in Win 8; a totally separate app from the main program. You're posting in the wrong place.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
SueVaneer

Post by SueVaneer »

PetrCBR wrote:Video is playing fine in built in Video app in the tablet ?
yes...I have playing in my tab through video app.
Last edited by SueVaneer on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

How big is that video ? Is it possible to send me that ?
Chalmers

Post by Chalmers »

kkeyes02 wrote:I just downloaded the latest version of Mediamonkey. I have a surface pro android tablet. I can't get my videos to play. The play on my laptop perfectly, but not on the surface pro tablet. Do you have any ideas how I can get the videos to play The music plays fine on the tablet.
Is your tablet android system?
Last edited by Chalmers on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, Windows