Tracks are showing up in wrong album due to same name as track on that album

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rfindlay

Tracks are showing up in wrong album due to same name as track on that album

Post by rfindlay »

In MMA, tracks are showing up in the wrong album apparently due to having the same name as a track on that album (same artist for both albums). For example, Album A has a track named "Track 1". Album B also has a track named "Track 1". MMA is showing both of those same-named tracks under Album A and neither under Album B. MMW shows them correctly, and the MP3/WMA album name metadata on the files is also correct. For one case, I was able to do a workaround by renaming the track titles & filenames for one of the albums, but that is not feasible (or desired) for my entire library. I am using MMA 1.3.6.0887 with MMW 4.1.25.1895.
Lowlander

Re: Tracks are showing up in wrong album due to same name as track on that album

Post by Lowlander »

How were the files synced/copied to your device? Did MMW sync them?
rfindlay

Re: Tracks are showing up in wrong album due to same name as track on that album

Post by rfindlay »

I copied files to the device via Windows. I realized that MMA actually had the files correct until I synced with MMW, so the issue seems to be related to the sync after the copy. (I have had issues with having the files copy during the sync so I usually copy the files and then sync.)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When you copy that way you're relying on Android Media Scanner reading file tags and not MediaMonkey.

It's better to sync MMW <> MMA either via USB or wifi as that way MMW directly updates the MMA database with the tags as in MMW.