MMA syncing tracks but MMW not getting new lastplayed dates from device

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

jcfogerty

MMA syncing tracks but MMW not getting new lastplayed dates from device

Post by jcfogerty »

Using MMA 1.3.3.0826 on an Android 6 device (Samsung Galaxy S5), and syncing wirelessly with MMW 4.1.14.1813. Sync server is MediaMonkey Server.

Everything was working great until a couple days ago. Now when you play a track all the way through on MMA, the lastplayed data no longer syncs to MMW, even though the app says everything is in sync.

Checked settings and verified the box for syncing metadata was checked.

The issue may be related to storage location, as there was an issue with the tracks not syncing right between the Android device internal storage and its SD card location. I removed removed all tracks from the device, and synced the device so that it was empty, then reinstalled correctly the tracks and playlist. The device syncs the tracks and playlist correctly, it is just that lastplayed info now does not sync. MMW has two device profiles, one for the internal storage, and the other for the SD card. both profiles are checked and both are configured the same way. The Android device is syncing to internal storage.
Lowlander

Re: MMA syncing tracks but MMW not getting new lastplayed dates from device

Post by Lowlander »

Your MMW is out of date, current is 4.1.21 and newest beta is 4.1.22.
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

True, but for some reason, MMW is telling me my version is the "current version," and my MMA beta has not updated from the version I stated. Is it ok to manually reinstall using the newer MMW version?

I managed to fix the lastplayed sync issue (after several hours) by removing the SD card, removing the SD Card profile in MMW, running a "complete optimize" of the database, then re-syncing only to internal storage.

I removed the beta, and then I was able to clear the files from the SD card.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can download and install new MMW release on top of existing releases. That is the method to update MMW.