Re: No Playlist Info over Bluetooth

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

andyvee

Re: No Playlist Info over Bluetooth [#14988]

Post by andyvee »

1.3.3.0831 has broken this again, anything that is a folder is empty and just shows Play All or Play All Shuffle. Playlists the same.

The new Now Playing shows some of the Now Playing list, and the track that is playing is somewhere in the middle of a list of 300 plus tracks with no icon or indication to show it is the currently playing track.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
we had to balance between known issues
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15137
and yours https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=14988
the same API is used for external devices/apps for browsing.

So items are not displayed by default, but you can change setting in Options. There is a new option "Limit list size for external apps" if you had no issue before you can set it to "Unlimited".

Re "Now Playing list", because on Android auto exits an issue with browsing long lists in Playlists, Albums etc., but no issue with browsing long "Now playing list", so we decide to display all items in "Now playing list". This list is scrolled automatically to current track on Android Auto.

Are you saying that you see "Now playing" list with all items? I thought that this is not available for BT devices, so for BT devices, I have added special "Now playing(BT)" node which shows exactly 41 tracks (20 previous and 20 next tracks). Do you see both "Now playing" and "Now playing(BT)" on your BT device?
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

Hi Martin
OK - didn't spot the new option, I was looking in Developer Options! I've changed to 200 and I will see what happens with the BT browsing.
When BT browsing I see Now Playing(BT) node - 20 previous and 20 next doesn't seem to be as many as I could see, I will double check this though, and it didn't seem to be scrolled to the currently playing track on BT browsing - again, I will double check when I am not driving :)

If you have fixed the Android Auto browsing issues I might go back to that anyway, the only reason I was using BT was the issue with the lists in Android Auto. I'll experiment with different list lengths.

I have one question about Android Auto though - which device converts the audio - the phone or the Head Unit? I have always found the volume level via Android Auto to be quite a bit lower than all the other sources on my HU and no way to adjust it, so have to crank the volume up quite a bit ...... I know this is probably a HU issue, but it has been the same across different phones on different Android versions in to different OEM Head Units in VAG group cars (2 x Skoda Columbus HU, which is basically a VW Discover Pro HU)
Thanks for the detailed and prompt response :)
Andy
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When you connect BT You can increase BT Volume out mormally with Volume Keys so that way HU own volume control is used.

Headphones, BT Speakers usually lower volume on device instead of using its own.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

But Android Auto isn't using BT, it uses the USB connection to the phone.

Using MMA as the audio player in AA and the volume is quite a bit lower than over BT or any other audio source. Also doesn't seem to take into account volume levelling.

This was just a generic question as using GPM with AA is also lower volume.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sorry, My HU is Android Device and I can use Android Auto on phone over BT or even Android Auto on Device and MMA on phone or on device itself.

Anyway Volume over BT is controlled both by output on Phone and amplified by Volume on device.

Also, you are right AA do not read Gain tag in files.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

I've double checked and the Now Playing(BT) does show 20 each side on BT, but doesn't highlight the track that is playing
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Added playback indicator ">" to next build 1.3.3.835