Re: No Playlist Info over Bluetooth

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: No Playlist Info over Bluetooth

Post by Lowlander »

martin.bohac

Re: No Playlist Info over Bluetooth [#14988]

Post by martin.bohac »

If MMA is in v1.3.3.0825 then it should work. If you are using this version and this feature still not work, then there must be some other issue on the OS side. "Samsung Music" can have some privileges. To confirm it you can check whether it works with "Google Music".
cyd

Post by cyd »

I can confirm the same issue with Samsung s8 and Android 8.0.0 with the latest beta.
With Google music song informations are transferred correctly.

With my Samsung s5 Android 6.0 and latest beta all song informations are transferred correctly.

Seems to be an Android 8 issue?
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

All titles displayed in the car audio display are from track queue, which was already supported on MMA in the earlier version than 1.3.2.823.

In 1.3.2.823 was added browsing by albums/genres/Artists/Playlists for those BT devices, which support it.

I really don't know what causes the difference between Google Music and MMA, but all requirements to support it are already implemented.
I have tested it with AndroidAuto and it works, with BT device it should be same. Maybe some Samsung restriction/bug with Oreo system.
Do you have any other device for testing?
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

Doesn't seem to be working for me on a OnePlus 6 either.

I get Playlist, Artists, Albums etc. listed (which I didn't get before) but pressing any of these does nothing. Seems to work fine with Google Play Music.
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

Multiple bug reports sent, latest one is Log ID: ABLZDB4KP4
Description: trying to browse playlists over bluetooth
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

This is really strange because you are getting a list of root nodes like "Play all shuffle", "Playlists", "Genres", "Artists", "Albums".
Except "Play all shuffle" all others are browsable items, but MMA gets an event like from "playable" items.
I can see the event from "Playlists", can you confirm that "Genres", "Artists", "Albums" are not browsable too?
barbie-qu

Post by barbie-qu »

Just to add my confirmation; MMA ver 1.3.2.0824 does not support browsing over BT (Samsung S8 on Android 8.0) with a car head unit that supports AVRCP 1.4.
Google Play music does work but BubbleUPnP does not work either.
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

None of them are browsable. MMA restarts and automatically sends a bug report. You must have 30+ from my phone now. No difference with the latest MMA update.

Do you think it is because it is a OP6 with only internal storage?

Google Play Music works fine, I can browse artists playlists etc.
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

martin.bohac wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:48 pm This is really strange because you are getting a list of root nodes like "Play all shuffle", "Playlists", "Genres", "Artists", "Albums".
Except "Play all shuffle" all others are browsable items, but MMA gets an event like from "playable" items.
I can see the event from "Playlists", can you confirm that "Genres", "Artists", "Albums" are not browsable too?
None of them are browsable. MMA restarts and automatically sends a bug report. You must have 30+ from my phone now. No difference with the latest MMA update.

Do you think it is because it is a OP6 with only internal storage?

Google Play Music works fine, I can browse artists playlists etc.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

I have specified an additional flag FOLDER_TYPE for root items to build 1.3.3.0828. So we will see whether it will help.
If not I have also added new option "Disable mix content over BT" in Developer Options (You will get there via Options\About MediaMonkey\tap to MediaMonkey icon). To take effect this option maybe you will have to reconnect BT device, then you will get only browsable items like "Playlists", "Genres" etc. without "Play all shuffle" action.
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

Thanks

I'll give that a try, but OnePlus have just released Android Pie for the OP6 and on first impressions it has gone backwards - the list of Albume, Artists, Genres etc. doesn't even dispay anymore, I just get multiple rows of '...' instead.

I haven't tried with Play Music yet as I have only just updated to Android 9.0
Peke

Post by Peke »

Pie upgrade most likely changed Storage IDs that can cause the problems with cached data and library path links.

If Browsing by Folders you can play tracks then most likely that is the case
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

I can report back that the 0828 update has fixed this and for the first time the browsing of playlists, genres etc. works. I had disabled the play all shuffle in the developer options, I'll enable it and see if that works as well.

Would be nice to have the Now Playing list available as well over BT.
andyvee

Post by andyvee »

Further to the above, if I deselect Disable Mix Content over BT, I don't get any sub menus at all. Re-select it, disconnect from BT, reconnect, and sub menus are back and functional.