[SOLVED] MMA won't load and crashes every second until it's forced closed or uninstalled

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Zebov

[SOLVED] MMA won't load and crashes every second until it's forced closed or uninstalled

Post by Zebov »

MMA 1.3.1.0751 on Google Pixel with Android P DP2.

Anytime MM is loaded, it immediately closes and asks to send an error report. Those are sent (or prompted) about once per second until MM is either force closed or uninstalled. Issue has happened since the beginning of the DP2 rollout, over 3 weeks ago.
Lowlander

Re: MMA won't load and crashes with bug report every second until it's forced closed or uninstalled

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to try the beta program as they're working on problems caused by Android P: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=89969
Zebov

Re: MMA won't load and crashes with bug report every second until it's forced closed or uninstalled

Post by Zebov »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:42 pm You may want to try the beta program as they're working on problems caused by Android P: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=89969
On beta program. Reinstalling and wiping data don't work either.
Zebov

Post by Zebov »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:42 pm You may want to try the beta program as they're working on problems caused by Android P: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=89969
I have used another pixel phone on DP3 to try to load MMA (both beta and non-beta), but it does the same thing as mine does - crashes every second or so. Only with the newest update, it randomly restarts itself automatically, so now you have to force close it multiple times a day to get the notifications to stop. This is completely unacceptable.

Is there any updates/news/statements about this? It's been approximately 6 weeks without any news at all. Should I go ahead and get a refund and move on? Is it being worked on? Is MM waiting for the final version to make anything work? Do I uninstall it so I don't have to deal with the notifications and the guess when it'll be fixed?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is worked on, but as it says it is just Developer preview and not complete product prone to big changes.

If you are able to quickly send us debug log from MMA (until it restarts) and send here LOG ID (Not Sure is PWR+Vol. Down works as screenshot capture on P it would be much easier to track crash logs sent from your device.

Regarding Refund: Are you saying that MMA Beta Trial do not crash, but crash after MMA pro is installed?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Zebov

Post by Zebov »

Peke wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:54 am Hi,
It is worked on, but as it says it is just Developer preview and not complete product prone to big changes.

If you are able to quickly send us debug log from MMA (until it restarts) and send here LOG ID (Not Sure is PWR+Vol. Down works as screenshot capture on P it would be much easier to track crash logs sent from your device.

Regarding Refund: Are you saying that MMA Beta Trial do not crash, but crash after MMA pro is installed?
No version of MMA works in either mine or a family member's phone. I understand that it's a beta version of Android, but does that mean I'm stuck with a completely not functioning version of your app for months, when everything else works fine? Or do you expect customers to not update their phones because of a single app?

The app doesn't load at all. Black screen and debug logs uploaded every second or two automatically. So I can't get a debug ID. Install Android P, open your app and you'll see. And since MMA automatically restarts in the background, I'm guessing I've conservatively sent about 2000 logs from my device alone.

This is all I get: http://imgur.com/gallery/tWJxg4e
mugenacura

Post by mugenacura »

I have the same issue as OP. Use a Pixel 2 XL on Android P DP3 and the app crashes right at start up. Had this issue with DP2 & DP3.
gdrgn

Post by gdrgn »

MMA Beta 818 fixed for me. Pixel / DP3
Peke

Re: [SOLVED] MMA won't load and crashes every second until it's forced closed or uninstalled

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Thx for confirmation
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts