Regularly deletes and redownloads 500+ songs

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

bettertthan74

Regularly deletes and redownloads 500+ songs

Post by bettertthan74 »

I've been experiencing this sync issue over several betas and 2 phones.
I WiFi sync daily without issue, but every 2 or 3 days it will delete around 500+ songs and re-download them. It's happened 2x's this week and I have not made any changes to my Media monkey library other than playing songs on my phone.m If I cancel the sync and try again I get a regular sync without the 500 deletes.
I've wiped MM multiple times on the phone and had it re-sync my entire library but after a few days the behavior returns. I've also Synchronized tags and re-scanned my library on my pc but it doesn't help

I've sent Log today VBBSE7JZ4B and sent log s82euecbif on the 28th

MM for Android build 732
Android for Windows 1840
Note 8 Android 7.1.1
Samsung Note 8
Android 9
Lowlander

Re: Regularly deletes and redownloads 500+ songs

Post by Lowlander »

Current MMW is build 1852: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=8811

It is highly recommended to update as you're using a recent MMA build.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yes--there are quite a few optimizations to synchronization with MMA 732/ MMW 1852, so I'm hoping that you won't see the problem once you update and sync. It may redownload some files on the first sync with the new build, but if it does so on subsequent syncs:
- please confirm that you don't have any auto-playlists that are randomized/constrained by size. (e.g. if you have an auto-playlist of 500 tracks rated 3-stars+ and you have 2000 tracks matching that set of criteria, you may end up with different tracks synced each time).
- if the above doesn't apply, please generate/post a debug log after the second sync.

Thanks.

-Rusty
bettertthan74

Post by bettertthan74 »

It's happened 2 times since I updated to MMW 1853 last week
I'm on mma 736
I uploaded log ZUAAZ7GRQ9.

Let me know if you need anything else. It was exactly 500 songs both times.
Samsung Note 8
Android 9
bettertthan74

Post by bettertthan74 »

I have a playlist that is my entire library (about 3500) songs. I went into sync settings and added my entire library node on top of the playlists. The next sync deleted about 1400 songs and and then redownloaded them. Today I did another sync and it is deleting 499 songs. :-?
Samsung Note 8
Android 9
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Thanks for the report. The devs are going to look at your log, but in the meantime can you describe precisely your sync settings in MMW? e.g.
- are you syncing to internal memory or to an SD card? does this behavior occur in both cases?
- what files are configured to be deleted ('unselected library files' or 'all other media files'?
- is 'auto-sync new files and playlist from the device to the PC' enabled? How about 'Auto-sync file metadata from the device to the PC' ?
- is auto-conversion enabled? Are tracks that are being deleted being auto-converted?
- Re. file locations, where is Music stored?
- What's enabled in 'Tagging'
- What's enabled in 'Playlists'

Lastly, can you indicate exactly what nodes are selected in the auto-sync list (I'm a little unclear what you mean when you say that you selected the 'Entire library').

Thanks!

-Rusty
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

Could you please generate one new log after tracks were redownloaded. Are they downloaded immediately or in some following sync?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, in addition to questions/requests by Rusty and Bhiefer above: Could you please try to replicate once again but generating also MMW log (item 4b here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69) ?

The steps are be:
1) Download and install the latest MMW debug build: http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/MediaMonkey_Debug.exe
2) Run DbgView app
3) Run MMW
4) Initiate Wi-Fi sync from MMA
5) Once the deletion of the tracks appears save the log from the DbgView and attach (e.g. you can upload it to a free file hosting service (Box, DropBox, FileDropper, ...) and share the link here, send also the MMA log and attach the log id.

Thank you very much for the the efforts and replying our questions and following our requests (as we are unable to figure out how to replicate the issue).
bettertthan74

Post by bettertthan74 »

Sorry for taking so long to reply.
I haven't had the issue since I selected my whole "collection" to sync to my phone. My collections have the criteria of 1 star and not 1 star. I sync everything but songs I rate 1 star to my phone. if I change the rating of a song to one star it gets removed from my phone on the next sync. I eventually delete all 1 star tracks from MMW manually.

I used to create a playlist that had every song from the "not one star" collection (about 3300) songs and then added a other dynamic playlists like recently played, most played etc.
I would expect about 10 or 20 songs to be added or removed every week, but like a described in the initial post, every few days 490 to 510 songs would be deleted and then redownloaded.

I haven't made any change except to add my collection to the sync profile. My playlists and collection have exactly the same number of songs.

Thanks for the report. The devs are going to look at your log, but in the meantime can you describe precisely your sync settings in MMW? e.g.
- are you syncing to internal memory or to an SD card? does this behavior occur in both cases?''

It occurred on both. I originally synced to my SD card and changed it hoping it would fix it, but it did not. I'm currently syncing to the phone and not SD card

- what files are configured to be deleted ('unselected library files' or 'all other media files'?
All other media files ( my goal is for my music directory on my phone to the same as the music on my PC

- is 'auto-sync new files and playlist from the device to the PC' enabled? How about 'Auto-sync file metadata from the device to the PC' ?
The second is enabled. I don't know where the "new files and playlists from the device to pc is ..
- is auto-conversion enabled? Are tracks that are being deleted being auto-converted?
I have the four defaults that are in every profile enabled. All of my tracks are in a compatible format so nothing is ever converted.
- Re. file locations, where is Music stored?
Music on my PC is C:\mp3 -- on the phone it was sdcard\music and now is \music off the phones main drive
- What's enabled in 'Tagging'
Sync all artwork to albumart.jpg and use only first genre
- What's enabled in 'Playlists'
Sync Playlists
format is m3u
force relative paths
use linux /
use unicode

My nodes are a custom one called not 3 stars ( all music that's not 1 star) and many playlists

Should I put my sync back so it only uses playlists. The problem has stopped once I changed
Samsung Note 8
Android 9
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
ok, but I guess that it was combination of random sort and limiting the playlist somehow, right?

e.g. you created playlist with
Rating <> 1 star
Limit to 2000 tracks
Sort: random

Was it like that? In that case it is expected that another set of 2000 tracks is selected on each sync.