Video files fail to sync with 'Copy artwork to file tags'

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rivorson

Video files fail to sync with 'Copy artwork to file tags'

Post by rivorson »

For the last couple of beta builds I haven't been able to sync video files to MMA. The format compatibilities are set and I have a conversion rule for incompatible video as a backup.

From the log it looks like MMW is trying to send the first 64KB of each file but then fails with a connection error. MMA doesn't display that it's receiving a file; its progress indicator stays on the last successfully transferred file.

Code: Select all

[3648] Device Sync: Checking Artwork \\Fenchurch\video\TV\My Family\Season 3\3x06 - The Second Greatest Story Ever Told.mkv
[3648] 1128 DB prepare SQL: SELECT Lyrics, Comment FROM Songs WHERE Songs.ID=?
[3648] 1128 DB query prepare finished, took 200.
[3648] 1128 DB open SQL: SELECT Lyrics, Comment FROM Songs WHERE Songs.ID=? 
[3648] 1128 DB lock finished, took 529.
[3648] UpdateSongPictures: \\Fenchurch\video\TV\My Family\Season 3\3x06 - The Second Greatest Story Ever Told.mkv
[3648] Added Cover Lists: 2
[3648] GetFileInfo: \\Fenchurch\video\TV\My Family\Season 3\3x06 - The Second Greatest Story Ever Told.mkv
[3648] GetFileInfo: readPictures=spAlways
[3648] GetFileInfo: \\Fenchurch\video\TV\My Family\Season 3\3x06 - The Second Greatest Story Ever Told.mkv
[3648] FH.ReadFileInfo: \\Fenchurch\video\TV\My Family\Season 3\3x06 - The Second Greatest Story Ever Told.mkv
[3648] Successfully opened file "\\Fenchurch\video\TV\My Family\Season 3\3x06 - The Second Greatest Story Ever Told.mkv" in mode 0. The handle is 00000E1C
[3648]  
[3648] BytesTransfered: 65536, EndOffset: 0, result: NPT_ERROR_CONNECTION_ABORTED
Additionally, playlists that contain the video files also fail to sync.

MMA 698. Debug log: Z3I8QBVRKP.
MMW 1835. Debug log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oddf8bpe5bxm2 ... c.log?dl=0
rivorson

Re: Video files fail to sync with 'Copy artwork to file tags

Post by rivorson »

An update.

I have discovered that the video files fail only when 'Copy artwork to file tags' is enabled, and that it affects both WiFi and USB sync. I must have enabled that option recently so I no longer think the issue was introduced in recent builds.

Presumably the failure occurs because MMW does not support writing tags to mkv files. In the event that tagging is not supported I think it would be better to send the unmodified file rather than fail completely.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, I cannot replicate the issue, do you think you could share the MKV in question for testing purposes?
Are you sure it is really related to the [x] Copy artwork to file tags' checkbox state? i.e. if you disable it then the file is really synced fine?
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

At the time yes, but I am no longer able to replicate the issue myself. The same files that I couldn't get to sync for the last few weeks now all sync successfully regardless of any of the device profile's tagging options.

Thanks for looking into this. I don't understand what's changed but hopefully it won't happen again.