Bug: Delete files from MMW and they're stuck on MMA

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rjpaiz

Bug: Delete files from MMW and they're stuck on MMA

Post by rjpaiz »

Hello!

I've had this happen several times now and finally figured out what was happening. If I select a file or group of files in MMW and delete them from both library and disk, and assuming those files were previously synced to MMA, those files do not get deleted from MMA on the next sync (or ever, really). They're stranded and I have to find and delete them manually.

I did check that, if I change my sync criteria so that those files would no longer be selected (such as saying only songs rated 1 star should be synced), then those stranded files are deleted along with all other files that don't fit the new criteria. Returning to the prior criteria does not reinstate the stranded tracks.
Lowlander

Re: Bug: Delete files from MMW and they're stuck on MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Is it set to All Media files in the Device Profile in MMW?
rjpaiz

Post by rjpaiz »

Not sure what you mean in this case. Let me try to answer it anyway:

1. I am not synchronizing all files in the library. Pretty much files rated 3 stars and above. Simple filters.

2. Going to Tools --> Option --> Portable Device Sync, then going into the configuration for this device, I see only one thing labeled "Device Profile" within the portable device Options tab, and that one only allows me to lookup/import/export options, not configure them. In any case, I've never touched the Device Profile settings so they're whatever MMW set up automatically for the Pixel.

3. Within the portable device config, in the Auto-Sync to Device tab, there's a "delete other files and playlists from the device" option. It's set to "unselected library files" and enabled.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rjpaiz wrote:Within the portable device config, in the Auto-Sync to Device tab, there's a "delete other files and playlists from the device" option. It's set to "unselected library files" and enabled.
Which means only files in the MMW Library that aren't selected to be synced will be removed from the device. Any files that are not in the MMW Library (ie. have been deleted) will be ignored. You need to set this to all media files.
rjpaiz

[SOLVED] Re: Bug: Delete files from MMW and they're stuck on

Post by rjpaiz »

OK, I'll do that, thanks.