MMW Version 4.1.4.1813 does not wirelessly sync with MMA Pro [#13538]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

jcfogerty

MMW Version 4.1.4.1813 does not wirelessly sync with MMA Pro [#13538]

Post by jcfogerty »

MMW Version 4.1.4.1813 does not wirelessly sync with MMA Pro 1.2.0.0614. It worked fine before this update. I joined the beta group, got build 614 and this did not fix the problem.

I just updated MM4 Gold (running on Windows 10 with anniversary update) to version 4.1.4.1813, but then my MMA pro app (1.2.0.0614 running with Android 5 on a Galaxy S5) would not sync my phone with my PC via wireless. Everything else appears fine.

First, I tried searching for UPnP servers on the Android device . No servers are found, even though they are showing available under MMW options: "Media Sharing and Wifi Sync." Wifi sync fails.

Then, I connected the Android device directly to the PC, unchecked/applied, then rechecked/applied "Grant remote/sync access" for the Android device. That did not help either. I restarted the Android device and restarted Windows 10 and tried the above again. No help.

The Android device manually syncs correctly only when (1) it is directly connected and (2) "Grant remote/sync access" is unchecked.

I joined the MMA beta and this did not help.
Last edited by jcfogerty on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: MMW Version 4.1.4.1813 does not wirelessly sync with MMA

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried another DLNA App on the phone or another DLNA client on the network to see if they can see the MMW Server. That is the problem and it can be due to security software blocking the server. Also check the settings under Tools > Options > Media Sharing and make sure your phone is allowed to connect.
Peep_Jerky

Post by Peep_Jerky »

Having the same problem. I turned off Windows Firewall and made sure my phone is enabled under media sharing. I even added a media server, so now I have one that says MediaMonkey Library and MediaMonkey server, and my phone is allowed on both of them. Between this and MMA crashing constantly when I play podcasts, this is getting unacceptable.
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

Lowlander wrote:Also check the settings under Tools > Options > Media Sharing and make sure your phone is allowed to connect.
Thanks Lowlander! This helped me narrow down the problem. It is a problem with the IP addressing. To check, you have to double-click on the server entry (or click on "Options") to see the IP addresses.

The IP for my phone is incorrect in MMW according to the settings under Tools > Options > Media Sharing. The IP my phone uses on the network (checked by using the Fing App) was different.

According to Fing, the IP assigned to my phone's MAC address in MMW was taken over by some other device called "Murata Manufacturing." I have no idea what that is. No, Google did not help me either.

Ok, so how do I get the IP to match?
Peep_Jerky

Post by Peep_Jerky »

Interesting, the IP for my phone is different than the one listed in Media Sharing also. I didn't notice before, I just saw that the MAC was correct. I don't even see my phone's IP in the list of other devices on the network, so I would also like to know how to get it into the list.
jcfogerty

SOLVED: MMW 4.1.4.1813 does not wirelessly sync with MMA Pro

Post by jcfogerty »

I found the solution for this problem for those running Win 10 with the anniversary update.

After you update MMW to version 4.1.4.1813, you will have to re-establish Windows firewall app exclusions.

The steps are:
1. In MMW, delete Mediamonkey server under Tools/Options/Media Sharing
2. Turn off Defender real time protection (or other Antivirus)
3. Search Windows find for Firewall Settings
4. One of the choices is "Allow an App through the firewall" - Select that
5. Click on "Change Settings" (may have UAC)
6. Find MMW file directory and Add MediaMonkey service
7. Add MediaMonkey program file
8. In MMW, add the Mediamonkey server under Tools/Options/Media Sharing
9. Open MMA on your device and scan for UPnP - server should now show up, and wireless sync will now work.
10. Turn Defender (or other anti-virus) back on.

Hope this helps.
Peke

Post by Peke »

There is a problem where after Anniversary Update your network connection fall back to Public which is by default Blocked in Firewall for MMW.

See http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... e/View/152

If it is classified as Public on same screen Clicking on HomeGroup should allow you to trigger Network Type Change to Private, otherwise you need to enable PC discover state of your network connection (Click on Network icon -> Click on Connection -> Click On connection Name -> Make This PC discoverable -> TRUE
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've reported the IP issue before: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13538
Peep_Jerky

Post by Peep_Jerky »

Thanks jcfogerty and Peke, I've got wifi sync working again.