UPnP: Can't See Artist Tag While Viewing Tracks [#14069]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

timalina

UPnP: Can't See Artist Tag While Viewing Tracks [#14069]

Post by timalina »

I just purchased Media Monkey for Android to use as a upnp control point (with MinimServer). If I am browsing tracks on the network the two tags displayed are the title (obviously) and the album. If I'm looking through all tracks in alphabetical order, I have no idea who the artist is without playing the song. Even if looking for a particular song, if there are a number of versions, I can't tell which is which. Likewise, there's no way of knowing who the artists are on compilation albums without individual tracks.

When I use Media Monkey for files on my phone it doesn't have this problem as it displays the artist instead of the album title.

Is there any way of configuring this to fix the problem or is it likely to get sorted in a future release? I've tried other apps which don't have this issue, so I don't think it's to do with the server software.

Thanks.
Peke

Re: Android/UPnP: Can't See Artist Tag While Viewing Tracks

Post by Peke »

Can you please provide us with few screenshots and example apps that do not behave like MMA so that we can investigate?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
timalina

Post by timalina »

Peke wrote:Can you please provide us with few screenshots and example apps that do not behave like MMA so that we can investigate?
Thanks very much for such a prompt reply.

Here's are some examples. All files are 16/44.1 flac, if that matters.

Here is MMA on a compilation tagged with the value "Various" in the Album Artist tag:

Here it is in the equivalent view in the Hi-Fi Cast app:

As you can see, the album artist is listed at the top with the individual artists next to each track, as MMA does with tracks stored locally (though note the additional bug whereby MMA lists a random artist, "Mellodies", as the Album Artist):

---

Here, MMA opens the "Items" menu (all tracks listed alphabetically), but fails to name the artists, listing the album tag instead:

Here, Hi-Fi Cast again includes the artist information instead, which is much more useful:

And here is Audionet AMM which also lists the artists when viewing "Items", although like MMA it fails to do so when viewing albums:

When viewing individual tracks locally, MMA has no problem listing the artists instead of the album tag.

I think that if you can only view two tags when looking at individual tracks, they must always be the song title and the artist; the possible sole exception being when you are looking at an album where all artist tracks are identical, and the artist is the same as the album artist (there are rare cases where they may not be, for cataloguing purposes, like when a band has changed its name).
freuz

Post by freuz »

Hi,
I have the same exact issue.
Any solutions to this yet?
rusty

Post by rusty »