Album(s) not listed

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Chalky64

Album(s) not listed

Post by Chalky64 »

I have copied my MMW (Pro) music library from my PC to my Galaxy S5 SD card for use in MMA (Pro). Despite all albums appearing in the "Album" list on MMW, 3 are not listed via the "Album" home screen link after a rescan in MMA.

Thinking MMA had failed to detect them via "Check for new/updated media", I forced a complete library rebuild by removing and then re-adding the monitored folder, but despite 99% of albums being found and listed, 3 albums steadfastly refuse to appear. However, if I search for the "missing" albums, MMA immediately finds them, and selecting one will display all the tracks within it ready for playing.

Since MMA has clearly found and catalogued these albums and their tracks - why do they not appear in the main "Album" list?
Lowlander

Re: Album(s) not listed

Post by Lowlander »

Are they maybe not Type = Music files (like Audiobooks)? Also does MMA actually show the Album tag when you locate them through Search?
Chalky64

Post by Chalky64 »

Fantastic - thank you - all the tracks which refused to appear in MMA's Album listing were "Type = Classical music". After changing them to "Music" they all now appear correctly.

It's odd though - despite the "Type" field being set to "Classical music" on my PC, MMW automatically includes them in its Album listing - I had expected a music library copied from one location to another to appear/play identically on both platforms. Since I ripped the problematic albums/tracks using MMW (which I'm assuming set/imported the "Type = Classical music" tag itself, as I did not set it), does this mean the logic which processes track types is different in MMA compared to MMW?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In MMW the Music Collection includes Type = Music and Type = Classical Music, however this can be changed by Gold users.
Fellwalker2000

Post by Fellwalker2000 »

Lowlander wrote:In MMW the Music Collection includes Type = Music and Type = Classical Music, however this can be changed by Gold users.
Thanks. I had just visited today to find out why my music included classical. Glad to be a Gold user; changing it was easy.