[REQ] PLEASE fix the Cancel button! 3 hour analyze killer

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

toyzrme

[REQ] PLEASE fix the Cancel button! 3 hour analyze killer

Post by toyzrme »

Can you either
1) add a "Confirm?" prompt to the "Cancel" on Sync
and / or
2) Move the "Cancel" button away from the home button on most phones?

Syncs take anywhere up to about 3 hours (*before* transferring any files), so I am often checking on its progress. Unfortunately, the "Cancel" button is right above the Home button on my S4 (and most phones), so my fingertip has accidentally hit the Cancel many times.

Obviously, this is disappointing to have happen at 2h45m, and then have another 3 hours to wait.

For such a large transaction, it should be a little harder to kill it than an accidental bump - just make me confirm it!

Thanks!
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
rusty

Re: [REQ] PLEASE fix the Cancel button! 3 hour analyze kille

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Can I suggest a simple workaround?

Press the 'back' button so that the progress indicator isn't in focus (you'll be able to monitor progress via the Android notifications drawer). I suspect that the simplest fix might be for that to be the default behavior--i.e. for the progress indicator to go directly to the notifications screen.

-Rusty