Sharing MP3 over whatsapp [#13377]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MrWGT

Sharing MP3 over whatsapp [#13377]

Post by MrWGT »

Hi...

i'm currently running mediamonkey 1.1.3.0554 and whatsapp 2.16.95.

Sometimes i play a song at home over bluetooth speakers and my daughter say "oh, cool song. Please send it to me". So i select "share with...", whatsapp and my daughters account which worked flawless so far.

Now a small notification on bottom is shown "unsupported file format" (rough translation from german). But if i select that mp3 with e.g. es file explorer and share it there it works. Just with mediamonkey it doesn't work anymore.

Sure i could just grab the phone from my daughter and copy the files over usb or wifi but sharing over whatsapp was less work for me.

Question(s): It is a new limitation from mediamonkey or from whatsapp? But i assume not from whatsapp because sharing mp3 with es fileexporer and whatsapp works.

Kind regards

Gerd
rivorson

Re: Sharing MP3 over whatsapp

Post by rivorson »

I don't have Whatsapp but I've just tried sharing from MMA build 599 to GMail and to a file manager. The share works but the file extension is removed, e.g. 'test.mp3' becomes 'test'. That means that Whatsapp won't know what type of file you're trying to share and consequently results in "unsupported file format".
MrWGT

Post by MrWGT »

rivorson wrote:I don't have Whatsapp but I've just tried sharing from MMA build 599 to GMail and to a file manager. The share works but the file extension is removed, e.g. 'test.mp3' becomes 'test'. That means that Whatsapp won't know what type of file you're trying to share and consequently results in "unsupported file format".
So it's a "feature" of the actual mediamonkey beta. Hope it will be solved :)
MrWGT

Post by MrWGT »

Tried different apps to share to:

1) mediamonkey -> Typemail: mp3 is attached and send.
2) mediamonkey -> Dropbox: mp3 is uploaded
3) mediamonkey -> es file explorer "save as": notification "not supported". But sharing same mp3 from file explorer e.g. samsungs "eigene Dateien" (~ own files) to es file exporer "save as" works.
4) mediamonkey -> onedrive: mp3 is uploaded
5) mediamonkey -> google drive: mp3 is uploaded
6) mediamonkey -> whatsapp: notification "unsupported file type". But sharing same mp3 from file explorer e.g. samsungs "eigene Dateien" (~ own files) or es file exporer works.

So case (3) and (6) is different from older versions of mediamonkey. Where can i download older beta versions of mediamonkey for android to try which version still works?!?
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

The "MediaMonkey for Android test builds" thread contains an archive of every build that has been released.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 68820&sd=d
mcow

Post by mcow »

rivorson wrote:The "MediaMonkey for Android test builds" thread contains an archive of every build that has been released.
Well, it did, until the Google Play beta program started up.
rusty

Re: Sharing MP3 over whatsapp [#13377]

Post by rusty »