No Sync Unsupportet Formats

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Audipower2

No Sync Unsupportet Formats

Post by Audipower2 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Hello ich use the Media Monkey Beta/Pro Version 1.1.2.0416 on Android 4.4.2 and Media Monkey 4.1.7.1741
And i use the sync over WIFI but 1 Problem it aborts and it comes a Short messag Unsupport File
For ecsampel a Video MPG1 ok Media Monkey on Android cant play it but why it gets not Synced ?
I have other players on my device they can Play it

So is ther an Option that media Monkey Syncs all Music / Videos and dosent care about Supportet or not

Lowlander

Re: No Sync Unsupportet Formats

Post by Lowlander » Mon May 18, 2015 2:59 pm

What gets synced depends on the settings for Conversion in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync in MMW). You'll need to add MPG to Supported Formats if you want it synced as is (Gold feature).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Audipower2

Post by Audipower2 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Done but Nothing Media Monkey on my Android says Unsupportet and abort
I add all file Formats every Bitrate 0 - 99999 and the rest all boxes checkt and in device sync info it shows Mpg1 , AVI , ASF mp4 and so on 14 Formats or more
But Nothing

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon May 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Are you sure you configured the correct Device Profile (there will be 2 if you have an SD card inserted in your device).

Post by Guest » Mon May 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Yes i clear all devices only the Standart /Ipod and so are still there then new Connect one device My handy "Kingzone K1" no other new device and it whas allways only 1 device my SD Card is called "Kingzone K1" the internal Storag is not Shown but thats since i have media Monkey on My Device so not new and for Some weeks its works fine but i dident recognized the Abort sometimes

Audipower2

Post by Audipower2 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Why is ther not a Simpel Button i allow all Formats ? For my device
And end

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon May 18, 2015 4:47 pm

Supposedly removing all formats allows all. I only learned of this as it came by as a bug. I don't recall if it was fixed.

musicbob

Post by musicbob » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:47 am

I have the same question about syncing unsupported video to an android device.

The file type is wmv and media monkey says the type is not supported and will not sync it.

The media monkey android app plays the video on the phone if I sync with the windows explorer. In windows explorer it says file is not supported by device, but there is an option to transfer it anyway.

I was wondering if media monkey will get the option to sync the file anyway. I not trying to use the gold feature of video conversion. I just want to transfer the video file as it is. There should be an option to sync it anyway. Even if it says it's not supported, you should be able to sync it.

Peke

Post by Peke » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:10 am

Hi,
in Device provile -> options Under Auto Conversation you can manually set WMV as supported format and MMW will sync.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum