Track number problem android

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

boca

Track number problem android

Post by boca »

Hi,

I am having a problem when syncing music on my android. For some albums, the track numbers are changed to 101, 102, 103... (so the original track 1 would turn into track 101). However, this only shows up on my phone. On MMW, the "real" track numbers still show. I'll attach two links so you can see what I mean:

What shows up on my phone: http://postimg.org/image/7gsfarlvv/
What shows up on my computer: (how it should be): http://postimg.org/image/3lh6f5ddx/

Specs:
Windows MM build: 4.1.7.1741 (Standart Edition)
Android MM build: 1.1.2.0415 (Pro)
Samsung Galaxy S5, Android Lollipop 5.0

Thanks!
nohitter151

Re: Track number problem android

Post by nohitter151 »

Do those tracks have something in the disc# field?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
boca

Post by boca »

Thx mate. That was it. All those songs had a "1" in the disc# field...
NotMother

Post by NotMother »

I know this is now 3 years old, but I'm seeing the same issue, and disc number can't possibly be the issue here.

I have one album that is 2 discs. All files on this album are tagged with their respective disc: tracks 1 - 11 on disc 1, 12 - 22 on disc 2. The tags for disc number are uniform within those parameters.

However on my Android device, the only tracks that are displaying incorrect tags are:

3; showing as "103"
6; showing as "106"
12; showing as "212"
13; showing as "213"

Why is this happening? Try to listen to an album on the fly and it wont play in order without first creating a playlist...
ilyapopov@gmail.com

Post by ilyapopov@gmail.com »

Hi folks,

I've spent the last three days doing exhaustive testing on this issue, as it was an issue that occurred for me as well.

The problem being experienced seems to most commonly occur with albums that have one or more discs, as well as inconsistent or empty Album artist(s) fields.

As one poster pointed out, it can't be exclusively a disc issue, as I also had tracks being renumbered that were only one album and did not feature a Disc number at all.

This past weekend, I went through my music library on my computer and checked all of my albums and their ID3 tags using MP3Tag, renumbered all the files in my larger albums (particularly multi-disc albums), ensured that the Album artist(s) fields were not empty, and then deleted all the files from my SD card and synced everything anew to my SD card.

Doing so seems to have fixed the track renumbering problem, which suggests to me that there's no one cause, but rather, it's a multivariate issue, and requires that several factors be addressed.

Will continue doing sync tests to see if this issue reappears, and will report back as I conduct further sync tests.

Cheers,

Ilya
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Obviously tags need to be in order which includes Album, Album Artist, Disc# and Track#, but if you're syncing directly to the SD card (not MMW to MMA) you're also relying in the Android Media Scanner to pick up tags which can lead to issues (it isn't great).

Till MMA 2 is released it's best to use MMW to MMA syncing as MMW will directly update MMA with the tags in MMW. Thus you get the correct values (ones from MMW) and support for more metadata fields (Android Media Scanner doesn't pick up all).
EuroMIX

Post by EuroMIX »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:19 pm Till MMA 2 is released it's best to use MMW to MMA syncing as MMW will directly update MMA with the tags in MMW. Thus you get the correct values (ones from MMW) and support for more metadata fields (Android Media Scanner doesn't pick up all).
I hate to sound like a noob, but I made an account here after doing a web search for this exact issue and it led me here. I'm not computer illiterate, however I'm still new to MediaMonkey, and have had issues getting a good setup for keeping my music library consistent between computer and mobile.

Could you possibly explain what "MMW to MMA syncing" is/involves?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device

MMA relies on Android Media Scanner when not using MMW to sync the files to your device. This is known to be problematic. As said though, it starts with having your tags in order to have the files show correctly (MMA can edit, but doesn't save changes to the file, only a sync back with MMW would do this).
EuroMIX

Post by EuroMIX »

It appears that MMW and MMA mean MediaMonkey for Windows and MediaMonkey for Android, respectively. I suspected this is what they meant, but it's good to get clarification.

Tracks I'd previously synced via other programs show correctly in MMA, but the tracks that I've tried to sync with MMW (either general sync, or the "send to" option), all have the track number issue (101., 213., etc). I've tried to keep my metadata correct and consistent, including adding in disc numbers even for albums with one disc. It looks like this is somehow being converted into adding the disc number to the beginning of the track number, as well as adding leading zeros.

I have my disc and track metadata entered in this style in MMW: disc. 1, track. 1. In the metadata it's usually formatted as 1/1.
Is this a problem for MMA?

I don't think I'd mind this so much if MMA at least put something like a hyphen between the disc and track number (eg. 1-01).

Edit: I've tested this on one track, but if I remove the disc number entirely the problem in MMA vanishes, however even if I removed all the disc numbers, this would cause issues with multiple disc albums.

I've also noticed that MMW is adding a second Year tag for no notable reason.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's for compatibility: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... year--date

Screenshot is gone, I'm wondering if you were viewing an Album or viewing through Folders in MMA. I can't reproduce with Disc# and Track# being used in MMW. Maybe it's filenames that are the issue?
EuroMIX

Post by EuroMIX »

This is how I format my filenames (and these are some files that had the problem):