No media showing - but can see playlists

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: No media showing - but can see playlists

Post by Lowlander »

I don't know if this is an expected side affect of the database updates they're doing in MMA and the fact we're using a beta product (it's only happened on 2 out of latest 3 releases, both which required the database updating).
gicronin

Post by gicronin »

I had a problem like this. It happened when I didn't select the right folder to scan in the app settings. I think I set it to scan the playlist folder but not the music folder. I was doing this to try to fix duplication issues I've been having.

Maybe selecting the music folder just rebuilt the database and that's why it worked after.
MMW Gold 4.1.6.1728
MMA Beta 1.1.2.0415
Win 7 x64
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

Well today I updated to the latest MMA and now I'm in the same situation: it rebuilt the database, then my all but 1 of my playlists read 'empty' and there is no media.

Funny thing is, MMA was PLAYING one of those playlists when the rebuild happened, and it is still playing it now, even though the playlist itself says empty. I can pause and then play and it will keep going, and even go to the next track properly, but I can't access the tracks from the playlist itself.

If I go to Artist, or Album etc and browse that way everything is still in place, but the playlists show as empty (except my Audiobooks playlists, which is the first one in the list but is NOT the one that was playing at the time of rebuild.

Gotta say these regressions are disconcerting. I thought we'd gotten past this playlist drama.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

ScottieB wrote:Funny thing is, MMA was PLAYING one of those playlists when the rebuild happened, and it is still playing it now, even though the playlist itself says empty.
Thats because MMA plays from the Now Playing and the Now Playing is unaffected.
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

Right, the now playing list. Reagrdless interesting that it isn't also emptied.

Bad news is I did a sync last night and my playlists are STILL empty. It didn't sync any tracks but did copy the playlists again, but no luck.

I also did a force rescan, but still empty. This is a bummer.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Open support ticket, send Log from MMA after sync and write down log id in ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
RVA

Some playlists are empty

Post by RVA »

In the latest 285 build I have some playlists appear as empty in MMA. The playlists itself are not empty, if I open them in a text editor they contain all the music they should. For example, playlist containing ratings with 2,3,4,5 stars is 4229 tracks. Playlist containing 3,4,5 stars is "empty". Playlist containing 4,5 stars is 622 tracks, so the previous, 3+ rating playlist should have at least 622 tracks. Furthermore, if I open the "empty" playlist with the Player Pro, it sees and plays all songs no problem. The problem is seeing on Experia Z Ultra, Android 4.3 stock, external 128GB MicroSD
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
nonob

My playlists are displayed but are empty

Post by nonob »

Hi,

Since some days or weeks, my playlists are empty in MMA.
I think it happened when mma has regenerate its database.

I ever had some issues with playlists in MMA:

by nonob Tue Feb 04, 2014 :
"So i use mytunes to create smart playlist and mma as my default music player.

I had some difficulty to retreive my playlists created from mytunes, in mma.

I did some actions and i don't know which on or in which order i resolve this issue:
-Update mytunes song index.
-Reset mytunes song index.
-Empty media store from mytunes.
-Rebuild playlists from mytunes.
-Reboot my smartphone to force a android library refresh.
-Uninstall/reinstall mma.
-Play at least one time each playlists from mytunes.
-Add the "playlists" folder from internal memory to watched folder's from mma.

After these actions, i had my smartplaylists displayed in mma and it worked well.

But since yesterday (i don't know which action i did) , my mma playlists are "empty".

I tried some of the actions i listed up but i can't retreive my playlists :(

I see my playlists in mytunes and in android stock player and i have my playlists files in sdcard0/playlists.pla .
In this folder i also have a "hidden" folder with a ".nomedia" file.
then

by nonob » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:58 am
I did a lot of tests and i start to make working android library/mytune/MMA both to use smart playlist in MMA, but i'm facing to an issue :

For instance:
-I create a smartplaylist with mytune named "test".
-Android stock music player and MMA doesn't found my playlist.
-I load this playlist in mytune just one time.
-Now android stock player see my playlist but MMA doesn't :(

-I have to force MMA to stop, delete mma data,delete mediamonkey folders in both internal and external memory then start a new scan to make playlist found by MMA.

-Now i rename my test playlist as "test2".
-I load it in mytune.
-Android stock player display now "test2".
-MMA display the old name "test" :(
-I "check" for new media in MMA: same issue.

I precise i have only one folder in external memory checked in watched folders in mma settings.

I think i have to stop MMA, delete all data and folders and start a new scan to help it to display the good new name.

How mma refresh playlists ?
by nonob » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:01 pm
This is the simplest method i found to refresh my playlist:
-Uninstall MMA.
-Use "Clean master" to delete leftovers.
-Reinstall MMA.

Before to do this last solution i would like to ask you if there is another tip less radical and if it is a issue that could be resolved in next version ?

Thanks
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
nonob

Post by nonob »

Hi,
I couldn't wait anymore to retreive my playlists so i did my procedure:

Uninstall MMA, delete leftovers with ccleaner, reinstall mma.

All my playlists are back :)
Website "Le Geek du Cerisier" : MediaMonkey
MMW on desktop PC: Windows 10, MB MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91) (AM4), CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz, RAM DDR4 16 GB, SSD M.2 SK-Hynix SSS0L24765 512 GB (C:), 3,5" Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 1 To (D:)
MMA on 4 Android devices - MMW5 gold in test... - MMW4 gold used for years (with extensions: AdvancedReport, Album Art Tagger, CustomFieldsTagger, Custom Report, Discogs Tagger, French translation, GenreFinder, Last.fm Scrobbler, Lyricator, MM codec pack Trial, MusicBrainz Tagger, MusicIPTagger, RegExpFind and Replace, Tagging inconsistencies)
Zardoz

Post by Zardoz »

Add me to the list of people with this issue. I have about 8 playlists and all of them show in mma as empty but one. Other media players show the same playlists, but they show tracks and if i change a playlist, that change is seen by the other player. I was having the issue where mma showed no playlists at all and actually uad removed all of them, but when i read that mma had fixed that I updated to try again. I am running version 1.0.6.0291