Empty Playlists after reboot (Galaxy Note 2) [#11298]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

stormyBlackdog

Empty playlists

Post by stormyBlackdog »

Using MM for windows (win 7) version 4.1.0.01664. Is this newer than what can be downloaded off of web site?

Using Samsung Galaxy Media player Android using MM version 1.0.4.0217.

Am able to sync playlists manually to mp3 player. The mp3 player is then disconnected and used on its own. My wife reports that after just playing different playlists, she will discover playlists being empty. Just out of the blue. Takes a long time for her to recreate playlists on the mp3 player. Plays more music and again discovers playlists being empty. This has happened 4 times. The mp3 has not been hooked up to MM for windows, but just playing by itself.
How can I prevent this? Wife is iritated beyond belief.

Are my versions correct. I try to keep current since Android is still beta. This has to be resolvable or else I will be forced to move to another music media organizer. She has to rely upon having playlists available at all times because of her teaching job at local gym classes. right now MM for android cannot be trusted one moment to another.

I am certainly able to admit MM is more complicated and involved than my current knowledge of it. So there may be some settings I am not aware that need to be set or versions matched. Any help appreciated.
Last edited by Peke on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
nohitter151

Re: Empty playlists

Post by nohitter151 »

stormyBlackdog wrote:Using MM for windows (win 7) version 4.1.0.01664. Is this newer than what can be downloaded off of web site?
Yes. This is an outdated beta version of MediaMonkey. The current beta version is 4.1.0.1686 and you should update to it before doing anything else. It is available for download in the beta-testing section of the forum.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
stormyBlackdog

Re: Empty Playlists after reboot (Galaxy Note 2) [#11298]

Post by stormyBlackdog »

Is there a means to know if MMW needs to be updated and to which MMA version?

Seems since MMA after sync and just playing music (no computer involved) the problem is with MMA version? Or is condition set up by older MMW version?
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

Update them both to latest - the latest version is always in the LAST post in these thread (there's a link to click in the first post to resort):

MMW: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=54426

MMA: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=68820

Since MMA build 217 things have been fine for me, no more empty playlists. Sometimes I need to sync twice to get all of the play counts to go, but that's the only issue I've been having in the last week or so.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yes--both should be updated to the latest versions.

For the MMW beta, you have to check the forum (this link will always show the latest MM4 prerelease build):
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 54426&sd=d

For the MMA beta, you can just use Google Play to check.

-Rusty
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

:(

Well I'm back. Everything was great until I installed the update from the play store today. Not sure if I rebooted or not (don't think so) but my playlists are empty again. I did a resync and it took a while, but still empty playlists.

Guess I will wipe the profile and device and start again but heads up that this happened RIGHT after I installed the latest version.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Scottie,

Did you update MMA and MMW? Or just MMA?

What version of MMW are you using?

Thanks.

-Rusty

EDIT: I tried to simulate the bug using build 221, and can't, so I suspect that what you're experiencing may not be the same bug.
gekoenig

Post by gekoenig »

I have the Galaxy S4 and was suffering the empty playlist problem. I am happy to report that after installing the MMW version 89 and performing a wifi sync my playlists are back and seem to be holding strong. I have the MMA installed on my phone and it auto updates. I also have my library on a Seagate network drive and I am using a 64G sd card on the device.

Fingers crossed....

Update: It does not like the USB cable sync. Exhibits the same problem as before. The Wifi sync seems to be the ticket, so far.
Update: This morning one of my playlists was missing, I added a new different playlist and they are all back to normal. I have 5 and counting. I am still using Wifi only
Update: I have sync'ed 10 playlists and upwards of 60G of music and all is well. All of this via Wifi only. I am not going to use USB without news of its repair on this website.

MMA Version 1.0.4.0222
MMW Version 4.1.0.1689
Last edited by gekoenig on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

rusty wrote:Scottie,

Did you update MMA and MMW? Or just MMA?

What version of MMW are you using?

Thanks.

-Rusty

EDIT: I tried to simulate the bug using build 221, and can't, so I suspect that what you're experiencing may not be the same bug.
Hi. I did update both, but I haven't even used MMW in a few days, No syncs or anything. This happened just from updating MMA, on the phone via the play store app (I got the notification that there was an update, went to play store and updated all apps that had one). It has not been connected to a computer at all.

I will try starting from scratch again next time I am in Windows. Probably something wacky happened on my phone elsewhere...
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

So I'm back. Everything was great since my last install. Now I have empty playlists again.

I think it has to do with the homescreen widget (4x1). I used to use it all the time, then I stopped. I didn't use it at all after my last clean install... until the other day. 1 reboot and everything was ok. But then after the next reboot empty playlists.

I wonder if the reboot happens while MMA is paused, and the widget tries to resume but the songs aren't there yet because the extSD card is still mounting? The widget comes up right away while the card is still doing its boot/mount thing...

I'm fine without the widget and I'm about to start from scratch (new ROM) anyway so this isn't a big deal. But it happened.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I use the widget and am impatient, but the widget doesn't do anything until it loads the Now Playing track (it doesn't even open MMA). I also occasionally reboot with playback paused. I also haven't had any Playlist issues on recent builds.
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

That's what I mean though - It says "now playing" before my SD card is finished... doing whatever it does at startup. There is a notification icon that says it is 'checking' the sd card, and then a few programs (like beyondpod for podcasts) load their things from it - but the MMA widget says 'now playing' almost right away.

The main reason I think it has something to do with it though is EVERYTHING was fine until I used it...

Maybe my SD card is just really slow and/or on its last legs?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't remember what it does show when things are still loading, but there is no Artwork or file info in my case. Nor is the widget active as any tapping results in no action until the song info has been loaded. I work with files on the internal memory though.
ScottieB

Post by ScottieB »

Right - and the internal memory seems to be available right away unlike the SD card - I'm pretty sure the fact that I'm using external was what was causing the problem originally as well.

It takes nearly a full 60 seconds for the card to be ready once my home screen shows up on boot.
bhiefer

Post by bhiefer »

ScottieB wrote:Right - and the internal memory seems to be available right away unlike the SD card - I'm pretty sure the fact that I'm using external was what was causing the problem originally as well.

It takes nearly a full 60 seconds for the card to be ready once my home screen shows up on boot.
It looks like really specific issue. Could you please send us log from Options->Send logs right after this situation occurs. I.e. try to sync some playlists, reboot and send us logs in case they are empty.

The existence of widget might be related but it shouldn't do this. Do you lose you now playing on reboot too ? Or is it ok ?