New version 124 no longer does wireless sync

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

Re: New version 124 no longer does wireless sync

Post by bkenobi69 »

I'm crossing my fingers. Now if it would stop deleting everything from my SD card, I'd be pretty happy!
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

The first time I tried to sync MMA immediately went to the analyze screen so it looked like everything was going to work fine. I let it sit on the desk for a while. When I turned the screen back on it gave me the failed message. I didn't have the WiFi set to stay awake, so I suppose it's possible that's the cause of the fail. I then changed the setting to stay awake when sleeping and resynced but got the same fail message several times. I can tell I'm connected cause I can select what I want to d/l from the server but it will not sync. I uploaded the log.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I Noted that in case of some apps Connection status is cached (ES File Explorer) so even you regain WiFi connectivity app still see no Connection?

To simply confirm this install ES File Explorer, set lan servers, Kill WiFi, Try To Access till you get fail no connection, Enable WiFi, verify that you can access some Internet Page over WiFi, Hit Refresh and ES Still show No connection. Resolution is to Kill Task and start ES Again. I'm Guessing that accessing Local addresses are cached :(

NOTE: ES File explorer is not only one experiencing that behavior when Accessing SAMBA/CIFS networks, same I observe with AndSMB, AndroFD SMB, Astro SMB, AntTek SMB. Solution is that App is not accessed SMB while Wi-Fi was off/inaccessible and all works like charm
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For me wifi sync fails on confirm deletion. The notification area shows this status, but MMA doesn't show the list and either crashes or the sync fails at this point.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

When I was doing my testing before, I found that delete confirmation did seem to exacerbate the issue. I think that's currently turned on as it is the default selection.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

I just tried es file explorer procedure and it worked fine. I searched for servers and found my PC. I opened a file. I killed wifi. Checked web access, the n opened another file but that failed. I tried 2x just to be sure. I then turned wifi back on and the file immediately opened.

Es file explorer v3.0.1 seems to work correctly. I'll try mediamonkey again with delete confirmation turned off.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

Just as a follow up to close out my action, I tried different configurations and nothing makes MMA work for me. No matter what I try, I get a failed message.
screwloose

Post by screwloose »

Build 126 is available now on the Play store. Hopefully it clears up the sync issues introduced by 124. I can't check it out till I get home this evening.
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Looks good for the new version - I did have to attempt to sync a few more times than the previous version but it asked about deletion, did the deletion and then copied the tracks required. Good work guys.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

According to the updates log, there should have been no difference between 125 and 126 as far as sync goes.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/searc ... %5B%5D=126

Hopefully the update in 125 fixed most of the sync issues though.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

First sync on 126 failed and MMA hung (I forced it closed via Task Manager), but second sync is running through deletion of files right now.
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

First sync failed. Killed the app via task manager and restarted. Sync failed. Killed mmw and restarted. Sync failed.

I should also note that when sync fails on 126, the 'ok' button does not do anything. In order to clear the dialog I had to use the back button.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Today's app store upgrade (126) fixed the WiFi synch problem for me. Thanks.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
mcow

Post by mcow »

I never saw a build 125 available. When people started complaining about sync with 124, I just stopped using MMA and played stuff from the iPod for a week. Now, with 126 in place, the first sync succeeded.

I don't use confirmation.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

mcow wrote:I don't use confirmation.
I use delete confirmation. That is working too.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.