Default app selection...

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

pezboy

Default app selection...

Post by pezboy »

First off, I would like to say this app and the PC desktop software and wifi sync are awesome. Exactly what I was looking for in a media solution to sync my library and be able to play/organize everything on my phone. Before MM, I previously used doubleTwist as my music player and would use my phone in hands-free mode while driving, using Nuance's Dragon Mobile Assistant to search/select what I would like to hear. Unfortunately, when I try to use MM to do this, I am not presented with an option to use MM as a music player or set it as default. Am I missing something? If not, I would love to see this functionality added, as I love MM and would certainly purchase it after beta expires. BTW I am running Gingerbread 2.3.4. Thanks.
jiri

Re: Default app selection...

Post by jiri »

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Thats nice jiri your looking into the speach control, but what about letting us set mma as our default player. Are you going to do that on stable release?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I'm not sure what kind of setting do you mean - you already can set MMA to be the default player for any audio format, e.g. mp3.

Jiri
pezboy

Post by pezboy »

Thanks for the bump, Jiri. I look forward to the added functionality (fingers crossed).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

jiri wrote:I'm not sure what kind of setting do you mean - you already can set MMA to be the default player for any audio format, e.g. mp3.

Jiri
There is not any way i can see on my device that will allow me to set mma as the default player for any media it is always trying to use google player or google movies to play any media, when ever i click on videos from you tube i get only the google app or the you tube app to choose from to play the video. I clear all settings for what to use as default app. And then i always get in the pop up menu the other apps to choose it never shows mma. I thought this was done because it is still in beta?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
pezboy

Post by pezboy »

rovingcowboy wrote:
jiri wrote:I'm not sure what kind of setting do you mean - you already can set MMA to be the default player for any audio format, e.g. mp3.

Jiri
There is not any way i can see on my device that will allow me to set mma as the default player for any media it is always trying to use google player or google movies to play any media, when ever i click on videos from you tube i get only the google app or the you tube app to choose from to play the video. I clear all settings for what to use as default app. And then i always get in the pop up menu the other apps to choose it never shows mma. I thought this was done because it is still in beta?

I also do not see MMA as an option in the pop-up menu, just the other media apps installed (default player, doubletwist, etc..). I too thought this was because of MMA's beta status.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

On my Samsung GS3 I just tried this ..
01) Astro Manager
02) Navigated to sd card / Music / 10cc / 10cc - How Dare You
03) tap Lazy Ways. As I haven't ever played music this way it came up with a popup for 'association' and I select MediaMonkey. it then plays.
04) I back out and even shut down to see if it loses its settings
05) Astro Manager
06) Navigated to sd card / Music / 10cc / 10cc - How Dare You
07) tap Lazy Ways. it simply then plays.

Is this what you are talking about>
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
pezboy

Post by pezboy »

dtsig wrote:On my Samsung GS3 I just tried this ..
01) Astro Manager
03) tap Lazy Ways. As I haven't ever played music this way it came up with a popup for 'association' and I select MediaMonkey. it then plays.
05) Astro Manager

I see the option in the pop-up for Astro Manager, but there is no similar option in the pop-up for Dragon Mobile Assistant, although doubleTwist does show in both pop-ups. Is this because of Dragon or MMA?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

pezboy wrote:
01) Astro Manager
05) Astro Manager

I see the option in the pop-up for Astro Manager, but there is no similar option in the pop-up for Dragon Mobile Assistant, although doubleTwist does show in both pop-ups. Is this because of Dragon or MMA?
I am not familiar with 'Dragon Mobil' but if it is a 'file manager' then when you tap on anything it should either use the defined association or if not associated ask. This *should* only happen once.

I tried to find 'Dragon Mobil Assistant' at the Playstore and got all sorts of things but no 'Dragon Mobil Assistant'. Do you have a link for it and I will be happy to try it.

I am just another user, but I don't see how this could be a MMA issue (though don't entirely rule it out) as this should be similar to how windows handles associations. MMA should just get called.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
pezboy

Post by pezboy »

Dragon Mobile is a hands-free assistant. Here is a link to the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ZXJpb24iXQ..
You can ask Dragon to play music files based on name, album, playlist, etc. Dragon seems to work fine with doubleTwist and I have the option in the pop-up to select doubleTwist, but not MMA. Is it possible Dragon doesn't recognize MMA as a music player?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I tried Dragon and it doesn't show MMA as a media player. My guess is that this is a BUG .. that MMA isn't being registered as a media player. I tried a couple other apps with the same result.

if i were you i would create a new topic with BUG at the beginning of the subject so the devs will see it. You might be able to edit and change the subject of the first message.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
jiri

Post by jiri »

I'm not aware of any possibility of MMA registration of a Media Player. I think that the needed steps are already described in http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10722

Jiri
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

So you think it is only the 'siri' like apps? Okay .. thanks
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

01) Astro Manager
05) Astro Manager
After step 7 here, when the file starts playing in MMA, do you see the tag info for that track in the player?

I'm getting some weirdness when launching music files through other file explorers. Reported here --> http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=71043
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?