Display song ratings in library view lists [#10620]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

creativconfusion

Re: Display song ratings in library view lists [#10620]

Post by creativconfusion »

Looks like nobody is home...
Peke

Post by Peke »

We are here and it is our To-Do, but until we make things more customizable we can't assign priority :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lostinthought

Post by lostinthought »

Peke wrote:We are here and it is our To-Do, but until we make things more customizable we can't assign priority :(
Just checking in 1 month later...have you guys managed to make things more customizable? I am desperately missing this feature on my mediamonkey android player. I run a food biz and mediamonkey is my go to player for the restaurant. I have painstakingly rated everything in my extensive library, but I cannot reap the benefits of doing so on my android. Please Help!
wutzin

Post by wutzin »

Peke, thanks for checking in. I'm also waiting as patiently as I can for this feature.
It really stumps me why no mobile players are capable of displaying ratings in list views (ie. when you need them to find the good songs).
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

Like this idea, and also i like the proposed implementation (using the existing magnet but color it)

this and smart playlists are a must... but it's been a while since the stable MMA is out, and so far, it doesnt seem like these features are coming :/
creativconfusion

Post by creativconfusion »

I feel like new feature development has slowed to a crawl and the beta updates have been an endless string of database corruption and lost playlists. It has been extremely painful.
mediamonkeyapostle

Post by mediamonkeyapostle »

This feature would be great -- it would be very helpful.

That, along with Smart Playlists. I'd love to be able to quickly whip up a playlist of a given artist with only songs that are above a certain rating threshold. I think that would be, by far, the most useful feature.
Gracchus

[REQ] Ratings featured earlier

Post by Gracchus »

I thought it would be very convenient to put, and i haven't thought yet were to put this, ratings placed near the list of songs that you might decide to play.
For example:
On days when i feel like listening to an particular artists album and the particular album is very large in terms of songs or has been some time since listening to the album i find it difficult to recall which songs i really enjoyed and which i disliked very much. (the way around this problem, although it is not 'perfect', is to just skip through each song in order to display the rating for that specific song that is now playing.)

Similar problems arise too when you have a very large playlist.
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
lostinthought

Post by lostinthought »

Being able to view and filter by ratings directly on my android device may be the most useful feature (to me). Judging by the posts to this thread, it also looks like this is valuable to many MM users. Can someone give us an update as to how soon this feature will be made available? I know it is in queue to be worked on, I would like to know when I can expect to see it on my phone. An update would be much appreciated, thanks!
terryo

Feature request: ratings displays

Post by terryo »

It would be incredibly awesome to have these three features related to ratings:

1. Ratings displayed for every track when a single album track listing is on the screen (especially if they could be changed from this screen*).

2. Ratings displayed for every track on the "Tracks" view (especially if they could be changed from this screen*).

3. A "Favorites" box on the home screen that goes to a screen showing only songs that have ratings, preferably in descending order, but with a shuffle play option.

*I audition tons of music because I'm a radio DJ, often while driving. Being able to change the ratings on a song that is done playing while I'm at traffic light would be brilliant (and safety oriented) coding. In all cases I hate stopping the currently playing track music to going back to add ratings to a previous song.

I already love the great mma interface and its smart use of screen real estate. You are already head and shoulders above iNsipid iTunes. These few features would switch me from being a grateful to an adoring fan.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
rusty

Post by rusty »

Our focus in MM 1.1.0 has been on Album Art based views, improved play controls and playlist management, improved navigation (find related), and a large number of under the hood changes re. playback and now playing.

For our next release, the focus will be on support for additional fields, sync and display of additional fields, and improved views that allow for better navigation and sorting of all these new fields. That's when we expect to add better support for ratings.

And of course--I'll be looking through all your feedback as we plan that release. Thanks for the input!

-Rusty
frs1966

request: apparent song rating in the gereral view

Post by frs1966 »

(like IOS Player), not even when the song is playing.
One23

Post by One23 »

It is now showing the rating when you play a song and use the device in Landscape mode. But I would really like to see this feature when you have a list of songs. With my phone there is more then enough room to show the rating per song. Maybe you could make customizable lists. (Via the menu button)

Really would like to see this feature. The original question from Peeke is now closed in Mantis.

It's a brillliant app now but it would really get better when adding this.

Best,

One23
e2140

Post by e2140 »

Just giving this feature request a bump. I too would really like the ability to view track ratings when browsing albums/tracks in MediaMonkey Android. Even better if I could sort the tracklist by rating like I can in MMW. I finally got my android phone to sync ratings with my Win7 MediaMonkey database and immediately starting looking for this feature in MMA. The entire point of Media Center software as oppose to a basic media player is the ratings (and organization if you don't keep a clean folder/file hierarchy). This seems like a corner-stone feature to still be absent from the Android app after so much time.
quentinjs@gmail.com

See Ratings on Sonlg List Scseens

Post by quentinjs@gmail.com »

I would like to see and sort the songs by ratings on the list screens.
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post