question: how to NOT display both internal and external stor

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

question: how to NOT display both internal and external stor

Post by dtsig »

When I connect my SG3 I get 2 listings in the Tree. Both of them say 'Samsug Galaxy S3'. Since this because of Internal and External storage .. is it possible to:

1) Add Internal and External to the appropriate device. Would make it easier to be sure which you are looking at/working with

2) Optionally remove one or the other from the listing. For example, I will not save any songs on the internal storage. I got a 32gig card specifically for music purpose. SO i would like to be able to have a setting that says .. hey ignore the internal storage.

I have not found a way to do either but hope that I just missed it.

Thanks
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Re: question: how to NOT display both internal and external

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices in MediaMonkey. It allows you to disable devices. You can rename devices in the Media Tree.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Oh man .. what a newb .. been staring at the all day trying to get auto-sync to work <sigh>

Thanks for the quick answer
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
mcow

Post by mcow »

Lowlander wrote:Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices in MediaMonkey. It allows you to rename and disable devices.
The rename option is far from obvious. That text does not look like a clickable link. I had wanted to rename some time ago and couldn't find it, I only clicked this because you stated the rename option was there.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can rename devices in the Media Tree, not under Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices.
mcow

Post by mcow »

Lowlander wrote:You can rename devices in the Media Tree, not under Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices.
You can't rename a Wi-Fi-only device in the Media Tree. But you can, in fact, rename it in the options: on the Summary tab, just click the name. Like I said: not so obvious.